Wednesday, July 15, 2015

Ukulele Josh Anchors Aweigh Birthday Card and Pictures of Boston's Birthday

We celebrated Boston's birthday a couple of weeks ago.  I picked a nautical theme for his party and since I don't have any nautical images, I settled for Ukulele Josh.  I first picked out Boston's outfit and then matched the party colors to that.

For his first birthday, we decided on family only and had dinner at my in-laws.  Michael's (my little brother) birthday is the week before Boston's and after is 4th of July and our wedding anniversary.  Though it was a Tuesday, it just worked out best to celebrate on his actual birthday.


Once Boston is into things, I know I won't get to have cute party set-ups anymore, lol.  So I'm taking advantage of it while I can.  I spent weeks thrifting at Target, Home Goods, Michael's, and Joann's to get everything I needed. The most I spent was $26 for his cake, which actually wasn't too bad, since a lot of places charge $100 for a cute fondant cake! 


My brother Brien is really into photography, so he took all of the pictures.  Boston is still really hit and miss with smiling for the camera, but we were able to get a few that came out nicely!


I was the most shocked that people sell these high chair banners for $40 on Etsy!  I get that it's a craft and it's someone time, but really, $40!  I might have to try to sell a few, lol!  I was able to make this one for less than $5 with supplies from Joann's. 


Brent had to help Boston get into his cake (Boston Cream Pie, lol).  But once he figured out how yummy it was, he really loved it.  He only ate about a quarter of it and I threw the rest of it away.  Overall, he really enjoyed it!


I can't believe my baby is one already!  This last year has gone by really fast!  Brent and I have been on the house hunt, so I've been preoccupied with that at the moment.  I hope you all have a wonderful hump day!  We'll be looking at houses tonight!  Wish us luck.


2 comments:

  1. Hard to believe your little man is already a year old already. Your card is super cute. It's good to see you crafting again.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog! I truly appreciate you taking the time to read and comment! Love, Sparks