Thursday, July 2, 2015

Party Time Oliver Happy Birthday To You Card

My little brother turned 8 last week!  He's really into dinosaurs, bugs, and animals, but since I'm limited to the images I have stashed away, a regular birthday image had to do.  He asked to go fishing and for a large hammerhead shark toy, lol.  I ended up giving him a gift card to Toys R Us and we can keep our eyes open for this shark toy in the future. :)

I wanted to use some of my newer Basic Grey paper, so I picked out pieces of the Prism paper pack that didn't look girlie.  I'm really into aqua this year and I love lime green, so this combo came together really nicely for me.  I miss not having my sewing machine and all my craft stuff!


For Michael's birthday, we had a barbecue at my parent's house.  It's been hot here in Portland, so we mostly stayed in-doors and stayed in the air conditioning!  Anna also got the kids a piñata and they had a lot of fun with that. 


I also used Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge #272 on this card.  I flipped it horizontal to fit Oliver in there!

http://sweetsundaysketch.blogspot.com/2015/06/sweet-sunday-sketch-challenge-272_10.html?spref=pi

They let Michael pick any image he wanted to have on his cake.  This crazy boy picked a spider!  Of all things to put on a cake!  (It was kinda creepy looking, lol,)  But my SIL said it was fitting since spiders have 8 legs and he turned 8 this year.


Well, I hope you all have a great Thursday!  We having swimming lessons today for Boston and we hope you all have a great holiday weekend as well!  We don't any big plans this year, but will enjoy the holiday at home!


1 comment:

  1. Such a fun card! Love the colors!
    Cute pic of your 'lil brother...love his tee:)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog! I truly appreciate you taking the time to read and comment! Love, Sparks