Monday, June 29, 2015

Year of Dates: Off the Waffle

Ugh, life has been busy.  And we needed to use the Groupon by Wednesday, June 10 to get the full value.  Luckily, that happened to be one of Brent's days off, so we decided to make the most out of it and go.  We didn't have anyone to watch Boston, so our breakfast date turned into a family breakfast.  We decided that we'll just add another gift card to the pile and call it good.

We've never been here before, but when I purchased the Groupon, it looked like a fun and interesting breakfast place.  Brent had fresh squeezed orange juice and the special.  It was an egg and pork belly, all on top of a liege waffle.  It was delicious and you can see Boston's little hand trying to get some in the photo below. :)


I got the Goats in Headlights, which is two eggs, avocado, and goat cheese on a liege waffle.  It was also really delicious.  Next time I think I'll have to try a waffle with fruit.  That's my typical choice, so I was happy that I tried something different for me.


Here are some pictures of our little guy.  He sure loves food and the waffles were no exception!  He's become quite vocal now, so you're sure to know that I don't feed him fast enough, lol.  But I love not having a picky eater (though he didn't like the goat cheese) and a healthy baby, so I can't complain too much.


Tomorrow is Boston's first birthday and I'm so excited!  I took the day off work and later in the evening, we'll be celebrating with all the immediate Bliatout and Smith family!  I'll be sure to share pictures of everything soon.  I hope you all have a fabulous Monday!

Off the Waffle
2601 SE Clinton | Portland, OR 97202


{A Year of Dates}:  The basic idea of this is to plan out date nights for the entire year. This year I pre-planned 26 dates for us and I am sharing our dates as we go on them through out the year.  You can read more about this in my original post.

1 comment:

  1. Happy Early Birthday to Boston!!!!!!
    Waffles, I love Waffles.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog! I truly appreciate you taking the time to read and comment! Love, Sparks