Friday, June 13, 2014

Checking In and Update

Hi...I know it's been forever since I last posted.  I was doing really good at keeping up with stuff for awhile, but then I got busy with birthing classes, baby showers, holidays, and family visiting.  All of my showers (between Portland, Seattle, work, and my crafting group) turned out fabulous and we're so grateful for all the stuff we've received so far.  We installed the car seats and while my in-laws were here visiting for Memorial Day weekend, we pretty much got the nursery done.  There's just a few more things I'd like to get from Target and we still need to paint our rocking chair. Otherwise, we're pretty much ready for the baby. :)


Overall, Bean is doing great and I'm doing okay.  Today, I am 36 weeks and I'm super uncomfortable.  I still have a lot of rib pain on my right side, as Bean is pushed up on that side.  But at my last ultrasound at Week 34, he is head down and doing wonderful.  Still a boy and still only having one baby, lol.  Of course they were teasing, but I was curious how often nowadays does someone come in at 34 weeks and finds out it's twins?!?  I would think it doesn't happen that often since they do ultrasounds so often now.  But my doctor says it does still happen!


At the end of April, Brent and I got our pictures done at Pike Place Market in Seattle.  We had a hard time choosing between the market and the Space Needle, but we're glad we chose the market to do the pics at.  In some regard, I was a little disappointed in our pictures, as I really wanted more maternity photos than couple photos.  But I am very happy that Brent and I were able to get some nice pictures of us.  I ended up doing another set of pictures at 35 weeks...and I'll share those in a few weeks when I get them.


We finished our birthing classes at the end of May and I only have a few more weeks of work left before I go on leave.  Since I've been so uncomfortable, I also haven't been sleeping well.  But luckily, I've been able to use that time to be productive and do stuff around the house.  I've been crafting!!  So I will eventually have cards and shower pics to share with you while I'm gone.  I hope to get some major photo editing done soon.


I've also been nesting and cleaning.  I've already washed all of Bean's clothes and stuff so I won't have to worry about it later. I know it's a risk since I don't really know what size he'll be when he comes out...but I'd just feel better already having stuff...even if he only wears his new born sized stuff once, lol.  Out of all the pictures that we took, I loved how this silhouette of me turned out!


I've been a slacker and I didn't prepare well for Father's Day (like I did for Mother's Day).  This last week I've been trying to get all my cards done and gifts for my dad and FIL.  I got Brent's gifts for him early, so at least that's checked off my list!

For those celebrating, I hope you all have a lovely Father's Day weekend.  Though it's my mom who I've lost, I hope for comfort on this day too for those who have lost their dads, dads who have lost their children, and those who long to be dads themselves.  I'll be back soon with cards!

5 comments:

  1. Your pics are fabulous! I wish you the best of luck because it won't be long now! My daughter gave birth at 37 weeks to our surprise. Now I have a beautiful 3 month old baby grandson. Best wishes to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the pictures. Good luck the next month. So excited for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. what great photos Sparkle!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sparkle! So happy to see the update! You look radiant!! Loved the photos. Good luck as you near the end of this part of your mother/parent-hood adventure! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a cute couple and beautiful photos! Wish you the best on your last stretch before baby arrives!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog! I truly appreciate you taking the time to read and comment! Love, Sparks