Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Thank You Scrappy Card

With my baby showers coming up, I'm trying to make as many thank you cards as I can.  I also have some Christmas gifts that I never sent cards for and a few early baby gifts as well.  I was hoping to make scrappy cards and that I could whip out and make a ton.  Well, I just have to laugh at myself, because this card took me longer than if I had just colored an image and made a card.  I guess it'll be good practice for me.

I got my new Basic Grey paper a couple of weeks ago and I wanted to play with my Spice Market paper pack.  I also used my enamel dots that I made melting pony beads.  It's kindof a busy card, but I think it all came together well.


Looking more at the card though, I wish I had either sewn on all of the patterned paper panels or hadn't at all.  The more I don't sew on my cards, the more I'm actually liking it. 

For this card, I mostly followed this Verve sketch.


I hope you have a great  hump day!


2 comments:

  1. Nice card, Sparkle. How fun that you added those enamel dots. Guess if you made 'em, you should actually use them, right? They look good. I like how all your elements work really well together. Good luck getting your cards done. It's been nice seeing your creations again. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous card Sparkle. And your homemade enamel dots look great.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog! I truly appreciate you taking the time to read and comment! Love, Sparks