Monday, March 24, 2014

Scrappy Bloomer Thank You Cards

I've noticed that splattered backgrounds are becoming a trend again.  Since I hardly solid stamp anymore (nor do I do any mix media stuff), I dug around and found my old Greeting Farm Splotchy stamps.  I got these way back when I was a Gardener, lol.  I'm sure it's been years since I used them last and glad that they're cool again!

I was determined to design an easy thank you card so I could replicate it and make quite a few.  My first card didn't turn out so easy, as I made a mistake on the left side of the card and needed to fix it.  I love how it came out, but didn't want to make more, lol.


While I love my Prima flowers, I also wanted something a bit more flat for mailing.  I have tons of flower bloomers sitting around from retired Basic Grey paper packs and I decided this would be a great project to finally use them.  Every flower is different too, so it kept it more exciting for me by switching up the papers and colors to match.  (I tend to get bored after I make 3 of the same exact thing.)


I made 10 of the second card design and I love how they turned out.  It was also great to use up a lot of my scraps.  I hope you all have a great Monday...it's back to work for me!


4 comments:

  1. Great job on the cards. I guess all of this stuff cycles over(not just in fashion). I remember using stencils way back in the day (only slightly differently than with paste) and they are coming back, as well. I'm happy for you to be using up some of your stash. Must feel nice after not being able to work on stuff for a long time. Sounds like you must be feeling at least a little bit better! :) Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are both so gorgeous. I'm glad that you've been able to craft again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These turned out pretty sweet, Twinsie! <3

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog! I truly appreciate you taking the time to read and comment! Love, Sparks