Friday, March 28, 2014

Oh, Boy! Nail Polish Favor Tags

While I was searching through baby shower ideas on Pinterest, I saw this picture of pink nail polish and I knew instantly I wanted to do this for my favors.  I saw this prior to knowing Bean's gender, so I figured I could always do blue instead of pink if I was having a boy.


The cheapest I could find OPI nail polish was about $4 a bottle, as it normally retails around $8 at full price.  If I was only having a few friends come to my shower, I wouldn't of hesitated.  But I couldn't justify spending a ton of money on just nail polish.

I went to Target and luckily I was able to find some nice blue polish that was much more within my budget...plus I get an extra 5% off for having a Target card, lol.  I had to go to 3 different Targets to get enough, but well worth it.


Going through all my stuff, I realized I don't have a lot of baby stamps, though I didn't want to buy anything new.  I used a free font for the sentiment and my retired A muse stamp for the image.  Overall, I love how they turned out and I'm happy I was able to use up some of my twine.


I ended up making 20 of these, 10 bottles of the light blue and 10 bottles of the dark blue polish.  I did simple coloring on the baby and nest, so it didn't take me too long.  I hope you all have a wonderful Friday...it's almost the weekend!  I'm doing a local crop this weekend with my friends +cherie caldwell and +Sheila Gay!  


5 comments:

  1. What a fun idea! They came out super cute. I'm glad you were able to find a more budget friendly option!! Have fun with your friends. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. so cute and such a fun idea! Love these!
    have a great weekend, Debxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a clever idea, Sparkle! My own sister is expecting a girl this summer. Might have to suggest this idea to her if she has a shower!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog! I truly appreciate you taking the time to read and comment! Love, Sparks