Saturday, March 1, 2014

Happy Belated 30th Birthday Prima Shay Doll Birthday Card

My SIL turned 30 on January 27 and had a karaoke party.  (Yeah, I know I'm a month late.)  Since the party was down in Portland and on a Sunday night, Brent and I weren't able to make it down.  From the pictures on Facebook, it looks like they had a fabulous time celebrating her birthday.

I don't really have any singing images, so I decided to just make something fun and girly for her.  I decided to use one of my new Prima doll stamps from Art*Venture and then went kindof wild on the embellishments.  Normally I would want to hoard my flowers, but since I came home with so much left over product, I was more than happy to use them on Myra's card.


Since we did quite a bit of misting while I was at Art*Venture, I decided I wanted to glimmer mist my flowers.  My friend Suzanne bought me this mist a couple years ago and this is the first time I've ever really used it.  Looking back, I really should of misted my flowers before gluing them to my card.  It's hard to cover the paper and make sure nothing warps from the moisture.  

Well, I hope you have a wonderful Saturday!  My BIL is coming up this weekend to help Brent move furniture so we can start on the nursery!  


3 comments:

  1. What a fun card, Sparkle. I'm sure your SIL will love it. Happy to see that you feel well enough to get some great looking cards made. Good luck on starting the nursery. So exciting!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog! I truly appreciate you taking the time to read and comment! Love, Sparks