Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Goals Update

It's past the beginning of the month, but I thought I would check in with my goals for this year.  Nothing crafty today, but I'll be back tomorrow with more cards.

Goals for 2014:
  • Start couponing again and staying in budget
  • Exercise more
  • Create for fun
  • Spend more time with Brent
  • Project Life
  • Finish updating my craft room/homework room  
This last week, I just started cutting coupons again.  I'm slowly easing myself back into it.  I'm hoping I can stock up on some stuff before the baby comes.  I also want to get some freezer meals made too.

I've really enjoyed creating for myself these past couple of months.  I'm working on stocking up on thank you and birthday cards.  I'm challenging myself to use up stuff I already have and I've made a good dent in using scraps and embellishments I've had hanging around forever.

Did you all hear the sad news that IKEA is discontinuing the Expedit shelving series?  Since everything is selling out so quick, Brent and I had to rush to get our drawers for the baby dresser.  That also means I got the rest of the furniture for my craft room!  I'm slowing still putting my room together and we still have a few more things to put together.  But I'm happy it's coming along!

Bucket List
  • Visit China
  • Visit Laos
  • Visit all 50 states - California, Colorado, Hawaii, Illinois, Massachusetts, Montana, Nevada, New York, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Utah, Virgina, Washington, West Virgina, Wyoming
  • Visit Europe 
  • Go to the Olympics 
  • Go to every Disney park - Disneyland, Disneyland Paris 
  • Get published in a magazine
  • Get my Masters degree - Summer and Fall terms 2013
  • Create all day, every day
I realized the other day that I haven't updated my bucket list in a long time.  While I haven't completed anything to cross off, I have added a couple of states (Massachusetts and New York) to my list and 2 terms of school towards my Masters. :)

Well, I hope you all have a great Tuesday!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the update. I had heard about the Expedit shelving being discontinued. However, I also heard that they were coming out with an updated version and it's being sold under a different name (that I can't remember). Good that you got what you needed before they ran out. I missed the boat on some Doodlebug (with a coupon) the minute Archiver's announced they were closing.

    Good luck on your continuing goal reaching journey!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! I always love reading about your goals, twinsie. Glad you're checking in. The new system is called the Kallax, I think. I know, the Expedit is a good looking shelf, I'm looking forward to seeing what the new one will look like in comparison. Good thing is that the drawers still fit in the old and new.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog! I truly appreciate you taking the time to read and comment! Love, Sparks