Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Copic Class Recap: Whimsical Faces and Hair

I always sign up for Winter CHA when registration opens in October.  After booking everything (fall of 2012), I was disappointed that I couldn't attend the Copic Workshop (2013 only) since it was scheduled before CHA and I didn't want to pay to change my airplane ticket.  It was 4 different sections, but the one I really wanted to do was the hair and skin.  My friend Sandy attended the class in Anaheim and she said the class was totally worth it, as it was quite costly for all 4 sections.

I wasn't too upset as I reasoned, "I'll just go to it when they have it in Portland."  Not thinking about it until it was too late...I realized the Portland dates were the same days as my annual Manager's Conference (October 2013).  That's when I decided to not miss out again on something cool and signed up for Prima Art*Venture for the next Winter CHA (January 2014), lol.

Well, while I was at Winter CHA this last January, I was super excited to see that they were doing the skin and hair section separately.  I kept bugging my twinsie +Thanh Vo to take the class with me and she finally caved. :)  It helps that my family lives in Portland and we can stay there for free.


Thanh rode the bus Vancouver to Seattle, and then Brent and I drove the rest of the way to Portland.  Brent spent the weekend with Scott (his twin) so we dropped him off Friday night.  Since we wanted to go to Craft Warehouse (it's only 10 minutes away from my in-laws and my parents), we decided to eat dinner out in Gresham and then shop.


We woke up early on Saturday and rushed to our class.  Here's a shot of our table with all of our junk, lol.  We sat with 3 ladies from Coeur d' Alene, Idaho and we had a good time.  I wish we would of gotten the chance to color more different ethnicities, but overall I enjoyed the class with Debbie.  I'm not sure if there will be another workshop on the West Coast later this year, as I saw Marianne is teaching this class soon down in Cali.


Debbie mentioned to us about weighing our markers when refilling them.  I'm actually considering this and once I try it, I'll let you know more about it.  I poked around Debbie's blog the other day and here's her post about it.  Once we finished the class, Debbie handed out certificates and pins.  We took a quick group shot before heading out!


Thanh has a friend in Portland and we went to meet her and her boyfriend for lunch.   We went to Pine State Biscuits and I had the chicken club.  It was really good, but a lot of food.  Then we headed across the street to get ice cream at Salt and Straw.  I normally go to the one on 23rd Street, so it was nice to finally go to the other location.


I cheated...I had coffee ice cream and hot fudge.  The guy told me there is about a 1/4 of a cup of coffee in this scoop.  That's the most caffeine I've had in the last 5 months, lol.  But it sure was delicious!!  Don't worry, I did fess up to Brent on my splurge.


Before Didi left, we decided to take some silly pics.  So typically of us, lol.  And gotta love that we're all wearing polka dots!  Afterwards, Thanh and I headed to Collage and then A Joy Forever to do more craft shopping.

For dinner, we headed to my parent's house.  It was nice to see the family and the kiddos.  Michael and Emily are on spring break, so they've been watching Frozen (I still haven't seen this yet) and playing Mario on the Wii, lol.  After watching Emily beat a few levels of her game, we headed back to my in-laws.

Sunday, we ate breakfast at the Smith's and then went to go pick up Brent.  We rushed back to Seattle so Thanh could make her bus back to Vancouver and then Brent and I went home.  It was a lot of rushing and a lot of driving, but I had a wonderful time and we sure got a lot done in the short time we were in Portland!  I hope you all have a great hump day!

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like a wonderful time was had by all. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I still laugh every time I see that last photo!

    ReplyDelete
  4. looks like you girls had fun...I LOVE Craft Warehouse!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog! I truly appreciate you taking the time to read and comment! Love, Sparks