Friday, March 21, 2014

Birthday Wishes Anya Treats Gift Card Holder

It was my step-mom's birthday on March 7.  Since Brent and I had our birthing suite tour already scheduled for that weekend, we couldn't make it down to Portland for her birthday.  I had this left over flower bloomer (more about that on Monday) sitting on my desk and decided to match my creation around it.

The bloomer is originally from the Basic Grey Olivia paper pack.  I only have scraps left of this paper pack and didn't really have anything that matched.  Instead, I decided to pull a few sheets from a couple of different packs and find some that matched.

I saw a simple gift card holder for a Starbucks card on Pinterest and decided that's what I wanted to make for Anna.  She isn't a coffee drinker, otherwise I would of used my Coffee4Two stamp set (which I have still yet to ever use) and made a similar card.  Of course I can't do simple, lol, but it was my starting point.  I ended up getting her a gift card to Ann Taylor.


Anna's favorite color is pink and ever since she had Em, she's found a new love for green.  I thought these fun bright spring colors would be great for her card.  Since I didn't really have a template for this, I just used an extra gift card I had sitting around and eyed it.  Though I glued it well at the bottom, next time I will put extra glue lines on the sides so the card doesn't move around as much.

Today +Thanh Vo and I are headed down to Portland for a Copic class tomorrow.  It should be a fun adventure for us and I can't wait for a fun weekend!  Everyone have a great Friday!


2 comments:

  1. Oh golly, Sparkle, she is absolutely adorable! Your coloring skills are so good! What a neat package for a gift card. I'm sure your stepmom loved receiving this. Have a blast with your friend and that Copic class!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so cute and I love that image.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog! I truly appreciate you taking the time to read and comment! Love, Sparks