Thursday, February 27, 2014

Seattle Baby Shower Ideas

For our Seattle shower, we decided to do a couples shower.  Since I'm doing a traditional one in Portland, I thought it would be more fun to do something more casual.  Plus, Brent has quite a few friends where I'm not necessarily that close to the wife.  My friend Dawn, who lives in Issaquah, was generous enough to host for us.

My friend Sheila, who is part of my monthly craft group, is an amazing baker!  I'm gonna have her bake hamburger cupcakes and hopefully she can pull these hot dogs on a grill cupcakes too.  They're just hot tamales and orange sprinkles, so it shouldn't be too hard! :)

We'll probably just do plastic silverware, but I totally want to buy bags and dress them up like these pictures below.  The chevron bags will probably be the cheapest and I will make baby shower tags instead of birthday ones.

For food, we're just gonna do burgers and hot dogs.  Of course I'll set it up all nice and have all the fancy fixings. I've actually never had a nice and cutesy BBQ, lol.  Which is kindof surprising, since I am so crafty and what not.

And lastly, for favors, I just thought this was the cutest thing ever.  You can buy these hand sanitizers for $1 each at Bath and Body Works, so this isn't an expensive giveaway.  This would even be cute to do as Valentines or stocking stuffers!

On Etsy, I found a template where you can design your own labels and they'll fit on the B&BW bottles!  I'm sure I can find some cute BBQ image to put on there and 'Thank you from the Smiths'. 
Well, that's all I really have to share with you all.  I know we're gonna need a ton of Thank You cards coming up, so hopefully I can get crafting again!  I hope you have a wonderful Thursday!

1 comment:

  1. What a fun baby shower this will be, Sparkle! What nice friends you have to help you out. I can't wait to hear how it goes. Most of all, have fun with it!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog! I truly appreciate you taking the time to read and comment! Love, Sparks