Saturday, February 15, 2014

Look Who's Turning 30 Birthday Josh Birthday Card and Goal Update

Last Monday was our friend Cody's birthday and he turned 30.  We went down to Sunriver this last weekend to celebrate a surprise birthday party for him and most people went skiing or snowboarding at Mt. Bachelor.  Kendall planned this trip long before we were pregnant and long before the crazy snow weather we got last week!

I went to Stamp Night a couple weeks ago with my friends +Sandy Allnock and Susan.  They helped inspired me to make birthday cards for all the birthdays that had already passed and were coming up.  It was nice to kindof get into the groove of creating again.


I realized that I don't have any skiing images.  I swear I owned Skiing Riley at some point...but maybe I sold him when I cleaned out a bunch of stamps.  I guess I need to add it to my SCRS bucket list.  I suppose it would really be more suited for Josh, lol. 

Though it's quite old now (well, in blogging terms, lol), I used this sketch from Studio Calico as my base.


Since it's already half way through February, I should check in with my goals.  Below is the list of the goals that I made for this year. 

Goals for 2014:
  • Start couponing again and staying in budget
  • Exercise more
  • Create for fun
  • Spend more time with Brent
  • Project Life
  • Finish updating my craft room/homework room  
I haven't felt good enough yet to start couponing again.  But I did start doing Bountiful Baskets again and that's helped reduce the grocery bill quite a bit on the produce.  I've been also keeping my eyes out for good deals on baby stuff.  I'm extremely thankful last year that I did coupon and already have a closet full of diapers and wipes. :)

I'm not doing too great on the pictures side of Project Life...but I have been documenting my life since the beginning of the year.  I bought a planner and have jotted notes everyday.  I also started a box for all my memorabilia, so I hope to start putting my album together soon!

Since we still need to buy some furniture for the nursery, we're gonna be crazy and just try to get everything done all at the same time.  We need to swap some furniture between our bedroom, the guest room, and the nursery.  We're gonna just slide my craft room in there and knock everything out together!

I hope you all have a wonderful Saturday and Valentine weekend for those who are celebrating!


3 comments:

  1. Super cute card. I'm glad you were able to create again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How wonderful that you were able to create this fun card. Sounds like things are going fairly well for you. Good luck reaching your goals!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great masculine card. I really like the gears. It's good to see you getting crafty again. Good luck with your goals!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog! I truly appreciate you taking the time to read and comment! Love, Sparks