Saturday, November 9, 2013

Sketch Saturday #284 and Scrappy Think of You Card

Hello, it's time again for another Sketch Saturday!  Come play along with us this week for a chance to win a prize from our sponsor Simon Says Stamp.  The prize this week is a $25 gift certificate!


Since I hardly solid stamp anymore, I decided to make more of a scrappy card.  I'm still making cards for my sorority fund raiser and for my co-worker Dawn, who I am trading for curtains.  I typically sew a lot on my cards, so I've also been not sewing as much.

As always, it's hard for me not to keep piling on embellishments, but I think the different shades of pink pull it all together.  I like how it all came together.  The sentiment is a sticker, so I didn't even have to stamp anything!


I was doing really well at crafting ahead, but the last couple of weekends have kept me from crafting.  I still haven't even started my Christmas cards!!  I've changed my mind about 3 times on what I'm going to make, lol.  Guess I'll be working on them tonight!


Today I'll be attending CKC and then going to their Saturday night crop.  Normally my work conference is this weekend and I typically have to miss CKC.  I was excited to have the conference early this year so I could attend.  I've never gone to one of their crops before, so I'm excited to see what it's all about.  I'll be hanging out with my friend +Sheila Gay today, so I know it'll be a fun day of shopping and crafting!  I hope you all have a great Saturday!


7 comments:

  1. Great mix of papers and embellies, Sparkle! Have a fabulous time with your friend, crafting and shopping. Good luck on deciding on a Christmas card design.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the mix of papers Sparkle - great card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card. I always love seeing your scrappy cards.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card! Great paper combos!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a pretty card, Sparkle! I don't have many Christmas cards yet too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great card! Love the colors and design used

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog! I truly appreciate you taking the time to read and comment! Love, Sparks