Thursday, October 24, 2013

Aloha Hawaiian Pineapple Girl Card

Every year I create a Hawaiian themed card to honor the anniversary of my mom passing.  If you would like to read about my mom's story, you can read it here on the post I wrote 4 years ago for the 5th year anniversary.

I didn't realize that I own so many Hawaiian themed stamps, lol.  But I also got a late start this year, so I decided on getting a digi stamp instead.  This isn't my typically style, but I love how it came together.  I realize I typically use this paper pack for Hawaiian themed cards though, so I guess I kindof need to break out of that.


It's been a year already since I last went to Hawaii and I'm wishing already to go back!  I have other things in the works though, so it'll probably be a few years before we go back.  I actually plan to be home most of 2014...so I look forward to actually staying settled a bit more.  Aside from going to CHA, the only other trip I'm considering for next year is a trip to Washington, DC.  My friend Suzanne will be turning 40 and of course Catherine lives out there, so I can see both of them in one trip!

I hope you all have a wonderful Thursday!  Excited for Grey's and Scandal tonight!!


2 comments:

  1. Such a lovely way to honor your mom, Sparkle. Cute image colored so well. Love the papers, too. Sounds like you have some good plans in the works, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your bright contrasting colours for this beauty. Hugs, Lesley

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog! I truly appreciate you taking the time to read and comment! Love, Sparks