Saturday, September 7, 2013

Sketch Saturday #275, Scrappy Thank You Card, and 2013 Summer CHA Recap

Hi all...it's time for another Sketch Saturday!  Play along with us this week for a chance to win a prize from our sponsor Whimsy and Stars Studios.  The winner will win 4 digital images of their choice!


I made this card for my friend +Shaela Odd.  I wanted to thank her for letting me stay at her house the whole week I was in Las Vegas for Summer CHA.  It was nice getting to spend the time with her and +Aileen Ablog.  My adventures with my crafty gals are always amazing!  More to come later on in this post.

It's another scrappy card!  My all time favorite is Bittersweet, but Soleil is a close second...along with Lauderdale, lol.  Honestly, I think I have about 4 full paper packs of this!  It's perfect for bright and cheery cards! 


I was back for a week and then I jetted off to Vegas for Summer CHA. My friend +Shaela Odd lives in Vegas, so it was nice to be able to save on the hotel and stay with her. +Spike C also joined us, and it was great to spend crafty bestie friend time!



After my training seminar, I was at work for a short week and then I was on the road again!  This time I was headed to Sin City for Summer CHA.  The one thing I don't have a picture of is when Shaela and I went to Mystere at Treasure Island.  This was my first Cirque du Soleil show and we had such a fun time.  The transitions could of been better...along with the comedy, lol, but the acrobats were just AMAZING!!

Remember when Sisterhood of the Blogging Stampers was really popular?  Deb and I have been friends since we joined SBS4 in 2007!!  CRAZY, eh?!?  Anyhoo, it was wonderful to finally get to meet her in real life.  I really love meeting my online friends face to face!  If anyone ever comes to Seattle, make sure to holler at me!


The show was considerably slow compared to other CHA shows, but it was great for having more in-depth conversations and build better relationships. Of course my first stop was the Basic Grey booth. How could I not?

We spent a ton of time in the Basic Grey booth.  We even got them to consider making the Best of Basic Grey 12x12 paper pad into a 6x6 pad.  I can happily say I've left my mark on Basic Grey, lol.  Plus Jordan is such a wonderful sales rep, we had a ton of fun hanging with him and watching his magic tricks!


Who can resist Santa?!?  Since +Thanh Vo , +Suzanne Bier , and +Peggy Toole couldn't make the show, we had our famous appearance with our Flats...and new and improved Yay signs!  We kindof took advantage of the girls not being with us, lol.  But the Flats sure do have minds of their own. :)


I also got the opportunity to meet another blogging friend, Corinne.  She is also an Alum to the SCRS Design Team.  She wasn't in Vegas for too long, as I would of loved to have spent more time with her.  Though I'm just glad we got the chance to meet up while she was still there!


Sadly, the Pacific Northwest has no In-N-Out.  Every time I go to Anaheim and Vegas, I make sure to get it at least once!  We had burgers for lunch and then burgers again for dinner!  Shaela saw Bachi Burger on Diners, Drive-ins and Dives and wanted to check it out.  The food was delicious!!  All the burgers do have soy sauce in them, so sorry to those who are gluten free. 


Can you see now how busy I was this summer?  I still have a trip to Canada to share and then I'll be home bound until Winter CHA.  Brent and I are still getting situated around here, but things are slowly getting back to together! 

I hope to craft and have a peaceful weekend.  I hope you all have a wonderful Saturday!  Anyone doing anything fun?


3 comments:

  1. Love the card and your CHA trip looks like so much fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card and so fun to see those pics from your trip! It was so great getting to meet you in real life, one of the highlights of the trip for me!
    Debxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your scrappy card and CHA pics too!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog! I truly appreciate you taking the time to read and comment! Love, Sparks