Thursday, September 5, 2013

SCRS Challenge #112 - Inspiration Challenge, Expecting Emily Card and Goals Update

Welcome to Week 2 of Sparkle Creations Rubber Stamps Challenge #112!  We appreciate you taking the time to join our challenge and look forward to seeing your creations each week. You have until Sunday, 9/8/13 @ 9 PM PST to play along with our current challenge which is an inspiration challenge:


Our challenge is open to all players. Every 2 challenges (4 weeks) a random winner will be chosen, and the winner will receive a SCRS rubber stamp! In order to qualify for a prize, you must use a Sparkle Creations image on your creation. Most importantly, have fun! We can't wait to see your creations!

My co-worker asked/paid me to make a diaper cake and card for one of her friends.  She's having a girl and since she doesn't have colors picked out yet, I just went with my favorite color combo ever.  I thought this challenge would work well for this project and I decided for more of a clean and chic look.


I experimented with the cake and used size 2 diapers this time.  I'm not sure if I really liked it more or not.  The reason I wanted to try a different size is because I usually use newborn diapers and the mom-to-be doesn't want to take the cake apart.  I wanted to see if I used a bigger size, the novelty would wear off by the time they would fit into the larger size.


I haven't checked in with my goals all summer.  Traveling alot didn't really help with me couponing, but I really want to get back into it.  This year hasn't really been about me getting good deals, but
more of staying within budget.

I decided to go back to school and I'm doing a Technical Writing program.  Moneytree provides me with tuition reimbursement, so I'm grateful for the opportunity.  I started school the last week of August at Bellevue College.  I've also decided to go back and get my Masters in Education Adult Secondary Learning, which is basically training, lol.

My Day Job Goals
  • Vault Teller Manual - ALL
  • Designated Trainer Kits - USA
  • Assistant Manager Training - ALL
  • Management Training for myself
I know I'm pretty crazy to think that I have time to go to school...but I will make it work in my crazy life.  I want to continue forward with life and for now, I feel like this is the right decision.

 Sparkle Creations Goals
  • More cost effective
  • Monthly Sales Goal
  • More time with my team
  • Card Kits
I switched my stamp manufacturer in June and now my stamps will be cut, mounted, and pre-packaged.  I finished one card kit, but then life interrupted.  I'm hoping to get a few more sketch sets done before I release them in the store. 

I think being a room will re-inspire and re-focus me.  Over the next few months, I'll be re-decorating my craft/homework room. :) 

 Personal Goals
  • Project Life
  • Spend $2,220 on groceries, household items, beauty products and newspapers for the year
  • Time Management
  • Be more healthy
With Brent's work situation, we've really just been working on getting us to a good place.  More on this at a later time.  But for now, things are heading in the right way.  
    Groceries and Household Items
    Total Spent in June: $85.50
    Total Spent in July: $185.89
    Total Spent in August: $192.82

    Total Spent This Year: $1437.78
    Under Budget By: ($42.22)

    I've been slowly but surely getting caught up.  Brent and I power-washed our fence this last weekend and we'll be staining the other two sides in a couple of weeks.  I hope your week is going well and have a wonderful Thursday!  Who else is excited for fall shows to start soon?!?


    2 comments:

    1. Your card is darling. And the diaper cake is so much fun!

      Good luck with school and all your goals.

      ReplyDelete
    2. I hope to be as organize as you are one day, Sparkle. Your card is super cute! I love the diaper cake! I totally agree on the larger size diaper. Babies grow faster. My babies used size 2 the most. I assume all babies too. Lol.

      Good luck with your goal!

      ReplyDelete

    Thanks for visiting my blog! I truly appreciate you taking the time to read and comment! Love, Sparks