Saturday, June 29, 2013

Sketch Saturday #265 and Mr. and Mrs. Wedding Card

Hi, it's time for another sketch challenge from Sketch Saturday!  Come play along with us for a chance to win 5 digis from Milk Coffee, who is our sponsor this week!  Below is the sketch that we're using this week!  Click here or on the sketch to go to the direct challenge post.


Our friends Cody and Kendall got married last weekend!  Their wedding colors were grey and yellow, so of course I made the card to match.  This turned out more simple than I imaged, but I love how it makes the image of the couple pop out.


The wedding was out at the Gorge...and it's beautiful out there!  I'm so excited for the couple and it was a bonus that Brent is in the wedding as well.  Cody is one of Brent's best friends from college, so it's always great to see everyone and catch up. 


Though a bit windy out in Eastern Washington, the day was gorgeous.  I started with my hair up, because I hate when the wind blows and my hair gets stuck in my lip gloss, lol.  I know that sounds silly, but it's a real tragedy for me!


Here's a picture of Kendall and I, right at the start of the reception.  It wasn't until later that I realized we never took a picture of all 4 of us together.  But I did have a lovely weekend out there.  I was able to get a few sketches done for SCRS and I even got a couples massage with my friend Valerie.


Once I started to get cold, I pulled my hair down.  It was just at dusk when we took this picture, and I love how it came out!  The bridesmaids wore grey dresses, but I wore yellow to still match Brent.  Us Smiths always have to match, lol.  I'm not really a fan of yellow, but this was my bridesmaids dress from Catherine's wedding.  It's always nice to re-wear a dress if I can.


Here's a picture of Brent with Cody and it was great to be a part of their special day!  We're so happy for them and can't wait for them to get settled into their new home in Edmonds.  

Being at the wedding, we unfortunately had to miss my little brother's birthday.  Can you believe he's turning 6 already?!?  And starting first grade in September?  I hope to get home soon, but I just have a lot going on this summer.  I hope to get down to Portland sometime before Michael and Emily start school.


Well, I hope you all have a wonderful Saturday!  Any fun weekend plans?!?  I'll be cleaning, crafting, and getting ready for our special 5 year anniversary trip!  

 

5 comments:

  1. Love your card and the wedding pictures :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I can't believe you will be married 5 years already!! I remember when you were getting married...that was back when the Stamping Bella group was big.

    Lovely card for your friends. The color combo is a great one for a wedding!

    Kristie
    http://mypaperlife.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card Sparkle! I love this image, so many lovely wedding cards can be made with it. You look fabulous in yellow! Love the pics and glad you had a wonderful time.
    Hugs,
    Leanne

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card! And wonderful pictures!
    Thank you so much for sharing, Sparkle!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog! I truly appreciate you taking the time to read and comment! Love, Sparks