Saturday, June 15, 2013

Sketch Saturday #263 and Surfing Oliver Love You Dad Card

Hi all...if you all didn't know already, I made it on to the Sketch Saturday Design Team! This Saturday will be my first joining them and I'm so excited!


Below is the sketch that we're using this week!  {Click on here on on the sketch to go to the direct challenge post.}  Come play along for a chance to win some digis from our sponsor Sassy Studio Designs.


I sadly own every Spellbinders shape except hexagons.  And what's funny is that when I was up in Canada, my friend +Thanh Vo even saw and mentioned them to me while we were at The Clipper Street Garage Sale, lol.  Ah, well...guess I'll know better next time.

But I improvised and decided on circles instead.  I originally had a whole other stamp and idea for this card, but kindof funny how things just all of suddenly change as you're putting it together.  Though it's quite bright and busy, I love how it turned out.


This card, I made for my FIL, as my in-laws vacation every spring down in Mexico.  I hope you all enjoy your Saturday!  I'll be home cleaning, packaging orders, and crafting!


7 comments:

  1. Oh yay! Congrats on the design team. Have fun with it. Giggled when I read you didn't have hexagons...I don't have too many Spellbinders, but I do have hexagons. *Ü* Great card. The circles were a good choice. Great colors and Oliver looks ready to have some fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the new DT. I love your card and its bright colors.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very fun! Congrats on the dy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sparkle,
    Love how you interpreted this week's sketch. Hope your FIL loves the card.
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL...you should have listened to Thanh! Awesome card! congrats on the DT!

    ReplyDelete
  6. ...whoa....thanks for taking off your word verification!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome card Sparkle - love the image and the mix of patterns.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog! I truly appreciate you taking the time to read and comment! Love, Sparks