Monday, April 1, 2013

Bingodabbabella Make a Wish Card and Book Review: From Notting Hill with Love Actually

It was my friend +Sandy Allnock's birthday last week.  Last weekend we went to dinner at Cheesecake Factory and on Friday, we went to play bingo.  Sandy's favorite color is yellow and I really wanted to use this stamp, since I think I've only used her once before.  We sadly didn't get a win, but we always have a fun time when we go. 


I've been reading a lot, but I haven't had time to write and post about them.  I'm trying to catch up, so you'll probably see a few of them this week.  I only have 4 more days until my birthday and I won't finish all 13 of my books, but at least I've gotten a few in the last couple of months.



I noticed that the reviews for this book are either really high or really low.  While it’s not necessarily the best book, I thoroughly loved it.  Love Actually is my FAVORITE movie of all time, so I knew I had to read this when I saw it.  Before I talk about the book, it refers to the following movies:

Notting Hill
Love Actually
When Harry Met Sally
Bridget Jones Diary 1 & 2
Four Wedding and a Funeral
Sleepless in Seattle
Pretty Woman

If you love these types of movies, then you’ll really enjoy the book.  Aside from Love Actually (can you believe this movie is already 10 years old?  And it’s really a Christmas movie.) I haven’t seen many of these movies recently.  I did a mini movie-thon after reading this book and watched quite a few of them. 


The story is about a young lady named Scarlett who loves the cinema.  She and her father own a popcorn machine company and she daydreams about life a lot.  Her and fiancé get into a tiff and so she decides to house sit and leave town for a month.

She instantly makes new friends while she’s house sitting and gets to know the next door neighbor.  Her mom left while she was a baby and while she’s on this journey, she gets to meet her mom.  She ends up leaving her fiancé at the alter and ends up falling in love with the neighbor.  It’s a twist of ups and downs, a hopeless romantic, and life as a love movie.  Over all it’s a quick and fun chick-lit book!

I hope you all have a great Monday!  It's back to work for me and I'm moving into my new office today.  Bring on the cleaning and unpacking!
 

2 comments:

  1. Tee hee! Just noticed the little troll sitting on her table! Made me giggle as I remembered when I was a teenager and used to help out a friend's Mom who volunteered at the fundraising Bingo's for minor hockey.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the fun card...awesome colors!

    Happy almost birthday!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog! I truly appreciate you taking the time to read and comment! Love, Sparks