Thursday, February 7, 2013

{Chinese New Year Blog Hop} 2013 Year of the Snake and Chinese New Year Rin Card


Welcome to the Chinese New Year Blog Hop! I'm so glad you could join us. The Year of the Snake officially begins on Saturday, February 10th so be sure to wish all your Chinese friends longevity, happiness, wealth and good fortune during this two-week festival!

I was so honored to be asked to be a part of this blog hop!  Unfortunately, I've been so busy with my day job and Sparkle Creations, I first have to say sorry for being a tad bit behind!

Being half Hmong and half Chinese, New Years is a holiday I love celebrating three times a year.  A s a child, my family always went out to dinner, and my brother and I would receive candy and money in the little red envelopes.  Now as an adult, Brent and I still go out to dinner to celebrate, but since Valentine's Day is just around the corner, we'll be combining the holidays together.  


First up in a card that I made with Chinese New Years Rin.  I'll be honest, I'm not a fan of the color gold, but I was inspired by Simonne Clay (DT member and friend) and decided to go for it.  I'm actually quite pleased how it all came together.


This little guy was way too cute not to use!  I was dreading Year of the Snake, because I just couldn't image anything darling and adorable, lol.  But I was proven wrong and love this!

Here's who you'll be hopping with this week for a chance to win one of five fabulous prizes listed below:
Designers
Artists/Sponsors

Celebrate with us by leaving a comment on all designer and artist/sponsor blogs! Pick up your free digis and cut files along the way and create something for a second chance to win. If you create something for the Chinese New Year, please post your project using the InLinkz Tool below and leave another comment at Emily's Blog to let her know. Here is what you could win:

Lucky 8 Prize Pack
$100+ Value

Sponsor Prizes
Avocado Arts - 4 Stamp sets
Fresh Squeezed Stamps - 1 Stamp set
Mama Elephant - $20 gift certificate

You have until Friday, February 15th at 11:59 p.m. EST to comment or enter your digital project for a chance to win one of the five fabulous prizes. The winners will be chosen via Random.org and announced here on Saturday, February 16th. Winners will have until Friday, February 22nd at 11:59 p.m. to claim their prize. Second chance winners, if any, will be redrawn and announced here on Saturday, February 23rd.

Many thanks to our digi artists and sponsors for their contribution to this blog hop. We loved using the artists' drawings and we know you will, too. Thanks to our generous sponsors, we have so many amazing prizes to give away. And I am so fortunate to have these very talented designers participate in this hop with me. None of this would've been possible without all of your support and hard work.

Thank you so much for stopping by to celebrate with us! Now it's time to head on over to Angie Blom Designs's blog!

 


78 comments:

  1. Both cards are darling, Sparkle! I love Chinese New Year...more when I was single! LOL Single: get red envelopes. Married: Gotta pass out red envelopes. Happy New Year, Sparkle!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful cards, that snake digi is really adorable! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. AWESOME projects!! I especially LOVE that first card! The colors and patterns and touches of gold---just beautiful! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely cards! Awesome job!

    Kris in Alaska
    funamom at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your cards are so sweet and fun! Love the snake.

    ReplyDelete
  6. They are both gorgeous Sparks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Both gorgeous cards! Love how the gold card turned out! Wishing you and your family "Gong Xi Fa Cai"!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Both of these are FABULOUS! I love the stitched sentiment on your Rin card - and that gorgeous paper :)
    And my goodness, that snake is too cute! Love the lantern paper too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Omg your cards are beautiful. The stamps fit in just perfect with your backgrounds. Beautiful. Bye Irene

    ReplyDelete
  10. awesome work! Love the fun paper in your 2nd card!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fabulous cards. Love the G45 papers with your beautifully coloured images.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your amazing skills shine through yet again, Sparkle. Your card with the gold is spectacular. I have to agree that making a snake cute must be super hard, but it's been done and your take on it is terrific.

    Happy Chinese New Year...much success and good fortune to you and Brent!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such fun cards! Love the layers and the patterned papers you chose for your cards!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sparks, your layers and stitching are amazing! I love Rin's sentiment treatment and the lantern paper is so perfect for Deasy's digi. Thank you so much for contributing your talent to this hop!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Cute cards! I'm glad you shared them during this hop!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lovely cards! Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. awesome cards... great blog hop.. Happy Chinese New Year

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love your cards... very inspiring :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Awww your cards are gorgeous, love the fun bright colours :) Thank you for the chance to win, and wishing you a Happy Chinese New Year xxx

    ReplyDelete
  20. LOVE these cards!! :) Beautiful job and nice use of colors and DP choice, Sparkle! :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wish you a Happy New Year.
    Both the cards are pretty..

    ReplyDelete
  22. Happy New Year Sparkle! Your cards and your designs are amazing! Thanks for being part of the hop today.

    ReplyDelete
  23. such wonderful cards, and those background papers are just perfect!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Both of your cards have so gorgeous background papers and combinations of colors! The black, red and gold is really stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  25. wonderful cards. love the coloring. Thanks for sending the stamped cards.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Love both of your cards, I think the Rin card turned out very pretty...and that snake really is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  27. wonderful cards...love the rich colours from the gold on your first card. The second is just so sweet and I love the gorgeous pp. Happy Chinese New year!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Wow, your coloring is fantastic, and I love the papers you paired with the images, great cards!

    ReplyDelete
  29. These creations are just fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  30. These are so cute! I love that snake and the background paper is perfect!!! Fabulous work!
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  31. Wonderful cards and the snake is so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Your cards are awesome and I just love the way you colored the images. Happy new year to you as well.

    ReplyDelete
  33. Both cards are great! I love the warm and rich colors of the first card and the DP of the second card is so pretty! Hugs, Hanneke

    ReplyDelete
  34. Such beautiful, vibrant cards, Sparkle! Your coloring is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  35. Love your gorgeous cards Sparkle. How I wish I was still a small kid to collect all those fung Pao but now its my kids' turn. Kung Hee Fat Choy!

    ReplyDelete
  36. Your cards are so colourful and happy!! Thanks for sharing.xx

    ReplyDelete
  37. Beautiful cards - great background papers - Happy New Year to you!

    ReplyDelete
  38. very pretty - love your background papers.
    Happy New Year.
    Sandra ltb

    ReplyDelete
  39. I just love that little works. Great cards!

    ReplyDelete
  40. I was thinking the same thing about snake images, but this cute snake has definitely changed my mind! The patterned papers are perfect choices for your cards, too.

    ReplyDelete
  41. Sparkle..... This is stunning! The layout and rich color is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  42. Too cute! Love Rin- she's perfect for celebrating Chinese New Year :)

    ReplyDelete
  43. I'm not a gold fan either, but Rin looks terrific! And your snake card is adorable and I love the DP. Looking forward to seeing you later this month!

    ReplyDelete
  44. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  45. Happy New Year! Great cards - love your choice of papers for each card!

    ReplyDelete
  46. Beautiful and intricate designs!

    ReplyDelete
  47. Lovely cards.I like the rich colors, stitching and the details. TFS. Happy New Year!!

    ReplyDelete
  48. beautiful cards!! love the gold touches and colorful lantern paper! ;D

    ReplyDelete
  49. awesome creation... love the colors...

    morentin1326ATaolDOTcom
    adventureofthecreativemind.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  50. Great cards! i think that snake is cute too :)

    ReplyDelete
  51. The best was saved for last! love these cards!

    ReplyDelete
  52. Oh, I love your cards ! We just got home from our Chinese New Year party, and sweet Stella Frances is wiped OUT !!!! I hope you have just as much fun as we did !

    ReplyDelete
  53. So pretty. Very impressive. Wishing all the best in the New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  54. Wow, I love your cards! Such great colors in it! Happy New Year - go snake!

    ReplyDelete
  55. Oh Wow! Those background papers really made your images pop off the page. I love the black contrast. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  56. Both are lovely cards with yummy papers...lovely cards you have created...Happy Chinese New Year....

    ReplyDelete
  57. Fabulous cards! Love the bright colours! Gung Hay Fat Choy!

    ReplyDelete
  58. Fantastic cards!! I love the paper too!

    ReplyDelete
  59. Happy New Year Sparkle! I hope this year of the snake will be filled with much health, success and joy for you and your family. Your cards are lovely, I especially love how beautifully you colored Rin. You are so talented!

    ReplyDelete
  60. Both cards are amazing. Happy New Year

    ReplyDelete
  61. I love the papers you chose for your images--they look wonderful together!

    ReplyDelete
  62. Both cards so beautiful! The first one is so rich and elegant, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  63. Cutesy cards for chinese new year, very nice! thanks for the share!

    ReplyDelete
  64. Your cards are stunning - I especially love how you did up your glorious backgrounds! That is so special. Thanks for sharing your talents and culture!

    ReplyDelete
  65. Beautiful cards- I love how you colored the images!

    ReplyDelete
  66. Both your cards are beautiful, Sparkle! I love the rich color combo :)
    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  67. The sneaky snake perched on the lantern paper is perfect! And you may not love gold, but your Rin card is so elegant! Happy CNY.

    ReplyDelete
  68. Hey chica! LOVE both your cards; perfect patterned paper to go with Rin and the lanterns really compliment the snake image. Happy Chinese New Year; all the best in the year of the snake!

    ReplyDelete
  69. your cards are just gorgeous! I love the digi images against the wonderful patterned papers that you chose!

    ReplyDelete
  70. Wow! Great coloring job! I love these cards!

    ReplyDelete
  71. Beautiful happy cards!!!!! happy new year!!

    ReplyDelete
  72. WOW! Great cards and great idea for a blog hop!! Happy New Year!!

    ReplyDelete
  73. Wow I love your selection of pattern paper! And the coloring is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  74. Fantastic cards! Love your paper choices and the colors!
    DeniseB

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog! I truly appreciate you taking the time to read and comment! Love, Sparks