Thursday, December 20, 2012

One Little Word and 2013 Goals

With the new year approaching, I've been trying to narrow down what I would like to work on this year. First, I have decided to pick Expand, as my 2013 word. I don't necessarily need to have lots of new growth (I did consider grow) but what I really want to do is excel in my strong points at a higher level.

My word for 2012 was Sparkle. And though I didn't get everything crossed off my list or dedicate as much time to Sparkle Creations as I would of liked, I definitely had a fun year celebrating me! I exhibited at CHA, I switched my whole life to being electronic on my iPhone and iPad, I traveled to Mexico and Hawaii, I had special fun weekends with my crafty friends, my department at my day job won Department of the Year, and I saved over $1,500 couponing this last year. (That's 250 Basic Grey paper pads, lol...or 300 Copics.)

Have you picked out a word for 2013?

My list of words:
2013 Expand
2012 Sparkle
2011 Balance
2010 Strive


Keeping track of my goals monthly on my blog has been a great tool for me. It doesn't let me forget what I'm trying to achieve and I can account for my progress. No ones perfect...and my list of goals will never be all too easy. But that's how I push myself to keep going forward! Sometimes you win and sometimes you fail...but regardless of the outcome, I'm always happy with what I am able to do.

For my goals, I'll have 3 different categories...My Day Job, Sparkle Creations, and Personal. Every goal I've made for my day job in the last 3 years hasn't even come close to getting crossed off my list. I work in an environment where things change constantly...so while I would like to get to certain projects...it's not always the priority.

My Day Job Goals
  • Vault Teller Manual - ALL
  • Designated Trainer Kits - USA
  • Assistant Manager Training - ALL
  • Management Training for myself
With my day job being very demanding of my time and effort, I still have yet to figure out a good balance with that and Sparkle Creations. Since it is my first career and the job that pays my bills, obviously I have to give it greater importance at certain times. I really appreciate all the fans and customers who have grown and have great patience with me.

I really want to focus on money and costs this year. I did a little bit last year, but I really want to make things more cost effective for me and for the future. I really hope to have this continue into my next career and I really need to push over onto the other side.

I also have some really fun news that I'll announce after New Years!  I think 2013 will be a fun and exciting year for SCRS!

Sparkle Creations Goals
  • More cost effective
  • Monthly Sales Goal
  • More time with my team
  • Card Kits
I have yet to completely finish a year of my Project Life.  I have about half of 2011 done and about half of 2012 done, lol.  I'm gonna keep trying and maybe the 3rd time is a charm? :)

With it being my 2nd year in couponing, I'm going to keep my grocery goal the same as last year.  I want to spend about $150 per month.  Now that I have a mini stockpile, I think it'll even be easier for me to do...and I have a better idea of whats practical in quantity for me to buy.  I mean, you already know that I don't need to buy razors, shaving cream, detergent, or toothpaste this year, lol.  I also got enough air fresheners on Black Friday to last til 2014. 

I include all household products in my grocery budget, so though I over spent $60 for the year, I'm kindof on the fence about it.  I spent a little more than $100 on getting diapers and wipes to make diaper cake gifts...and I kindof feel like it shouldn't really count since I'm not keeping them.  I think I will separate that out from my normal budget and put it in my gift budget. (Yes, I do save for birthdays and Christmas year round.)  But I will still include paper towels, soap, toilet paper, etc. in my monthly allowance.  

I've always been quite healthy (and I still am)...I eat healthy, drink water, and exercise.  I eat better than I exercise and Brent is the opposite, lol.  He eats a lot more junk than I do, but he exercises much more.  But when I spend 8 hours at work, go couponing, and need to fill orders for SCRS...exercising is the thing that gets lost on my list of things to do.  I really want to make an effort to exercise routinely again. 
Personal Goals
  • Project Life
  • Spend $1,800 on groceries for the year
  • Time Management
  • Be more healthy
I made an extra goal list on my 30th birthday.  I suppose I only have 4 more months to make a dent on this. :)  I am happy to cross off #28!  I ran a 5K earlier this month with my co-workers.  And by the time I head off to CHA in January, I should be able to cross off #18!

I'll technically by 31 by the time I make it for #5, but I give myself half credit for this...since the trip is planned and Brent surprised me with this!  Since I'm making a special trip that I didn't plan and save for...it might impact what we can do for #19.  I have such a sweet hubby that would rather let me see my BFF than us doing something cool for our anniversary.


30 Things I Will Do This Year

  1. Read all the books in my stash
  2. Visit my mom's grave
  3. Try bikram yoga
  4. Go zip lining
  5. Visit my BFF
  6. Profit with SCRS
  7. See the Canucks play live
  8. Save over $1,000 from couponing
  9. Make a card kit class
  10. Actually finish my Project Life
  11. See a play
  12. Take a college class
  13. Learn to cook something new
  14. Take more pictures
  15. Print more pictures
  16. Use more technology
  17. Cherish people more
  18. Pay off my car
  19. Plan something fun for our 5 year anniversary
  20. Play free bingo
  21. Create more for fun
  22. Make more scrappy cards
  23. Join the Alpha Xi Delta Alum group
  24. Wear earrings more often
  25. Execute Operation Beyońce - we have fun with Beyońce at work, can't give our prank away, lol
  26. Make chicken cards
  27. See my friends more
  28. Do another 5K
  29. Work on my garden
  30. Make more time for my team.  I truly love these ladies!!
All right...I know that's a lot to take on for 2013, but I'm hoping I can at least make this year amazing and make a little dent in my lists!  I wish you all a prosperous and great year!

3 comments:

  1. If anyone can see this through, it's you, Sparkle! I think your ideas are thoughtful and well balanced and I've no doubt you'll accomplish a lot in the coming year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I find your goals and lists very inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome goals!! I have been thinking a lot about my goals for 2013, and what I want my word to be. As cliche as it is, I'm pretty sure my word is going to be "simplify". Having Audrey around has really opened my eyes to what has been taking up my time, and honestly it's a lot of unnecessary/unimportant things that, on top of having a baby again, is really stressing me out, lol. I hope that by letting some things go and learning to simplify my life I will be happier, healthier, and more able to tackle what's really important. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog! I truly appreciate you taking the time to read and comment! Love, Sparks