Monday, September 3, 2012

SCRS Challenge #87 - Neutrals Challenge and Beach Chloe Card

First off, sorry for being MIA for so long.  I went to Hawaii for the last week and a half and things just got really crazy before I left.  This is the first trip in years that I didn't take a single marker or image with me.  And it was actually quite nice to leave it all behind.  I'll slowly be sharing my adventures through out the week. 

Welcome to Week 2 of Sparkle Creations Rubber Stamps Challenge #87! We appreciate you taking the time to join our challenge and look forward to seeing your creations each week. You have until Sunday, 9/9/12 @ 9 PM PST to play along with the current challenge which is a color challenge ...

Our challenge is open to all players. Each challenge a random winner will be chosen, and the winner of each challenge will receive a fantastic SCRS rubber stamp! In order to qualify for a prize, you must use a Sparkle Creations image on your creation. Most importantly, have fun! We can't wait to see your creations!



With Hawaii on the mind, I thought this image would go well for this challenge. Brent and I went to so many different beaches while we were there, it was neat to see the different spots along to shoreline. 


To play along in our challenge, upload a photo of your project and provide a direct link in the linky widget at the bottom of the SCRS post. If you use an online gallery (e.g. Splitcoast), please also use the keywords SCRSC87 and SparkleCreations (no spaces). If you have a Facebook account and are a fan of Sparkle Creations Rubber Stamps, you can also upload there. Deadline for challenge #85 is Sunday, September 9th @ 9 PM PST.

My first stop was in Oahu to see my mom's cousin Stefanie and her family.  I haven't seen Stef since my mom's funeral, so it was great catch up and hang out.  Though she's my mom's generation, she's much closer in age to me.  Here's a picture of me with her kiddos, which are my second cousins.


Well, I hope you all had a great holiday weekend!  It's back to work for me...and everyone have a fabulous Tuesday!

 

8 comments:

  1. awesome card...seems weird that it all naturals coming from you...looks fabulous though!

    Sounds like you had so much fun in Hawaii!

    Welcome back!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you had a ton of fun! Love your neutral card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh i love these tans and browns. glad you had a fabulous trip!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card, and yay for being back! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card! Love all the colors (or lack thereof)! Sweet photo - hope you had a fabulous trip!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I kinda did these colors today too! love the card
    Mandy

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog! I truly appreciate you taking the time to read and comment! Love, Sparks