Wednesday, July 4, 2012

SCRS Challenge #82 - Beach Challenge, Beach Chloe Card, and Goal Updates

Okay, I'm WAY late on this...but honestly, glad that I even got it done.  Ever since my co-worker left 2 weeks ago, I've been buried in work for my day job.  We started out as being short one and we've been working on getting new people into my department.  With my co-worker's unexpected departure, we're now short two and only me and my boss to make up for that, lol. 

I'm trying to be positive about it, but I can't lie...I've been pretty bummed lately.  It means less time I have to devote to my own company and my team.  I know it's selfish, but I'm still upset about it.  There's also been other things going on and my plans for CHA next Winter have changed a bit.


But all the Trainers will be in town next week and having a fun time with my Team will bring some much needed spirit for me.  And don't get me wrong, I truly do love my day job...and I've learned that my life will never slow down, lol, but I keep hoping for a bit of calmness.


It's past the first, but I still want to check in with my goals.  I've decided to change up some things, since the goals I set for work are now not really obtainable with the current situation.


For July, I will be thinking of some new goals that I can work on for work.  I'll need some time to really think about this, so I will update you all once I figure it all out.

Sparkle Creations
  • Get new wholesale accounts
  • Sales goal for each month - January, February, March, April, May, June, July, August, September, October, November, December
  • More efficient in costs
  • Teach card classes
I'm waiting for new stuff to come out at CHA and I'm hoping to start card kits soon.  I really do want to try teaching a card class soon, but I'll have to see what I can do with dividing up my time. 

Personal
  • Take Yoga classes
  • More efficient in costs - January, February, March, April, May, June, July, August, September, October, November, December
  • Project Life
  • Utilize my iPhone
  • Visit my mom's grave
I haven't done anything in this category!  I even went over my budget for my couponing this month, lol.  For the future, I need to remember that June is a big stock pile month!  I blew my budget at Bath and Body Works.  I use their Wallflowers for my air fresheners and the refills were on sale for $5, the cheapest they ever are.  I also got a 20% off coupon on Facebook, so I got a really great deal!  Overall for $50, I got 3 bath gels, 1 bottle of lotion, 2 liquid soaps, and 6 packs of air fresheners.  This will last me until Black Friday.   

Disclaimer: I know it's not frugal to shop at B&BW!  With coupons, you can get air fresheners and bar soap for much cheaper at grocery and drug stores.  But if you are going to shop there, there's only 3 times of the year when you should shop there...the 2 semi-annual sales (January and June) and Black Friday.

For the month of June, I spent $218.10.  I went over budget $68.10, but I saved $567.24 with store sales and coupons!  That gives me about 72.3% in savings overall.  Not too shabby!

I hope you all have a wonderful and safe 4th of July!  


7 comments:

  1. Fun card! I am ready for the beach! :)
    Hopefully your office find new people soon! Take it easy, Sparkle!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun card. I hope you can find the calmness you are looking for.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have finally caved and buy all my hand sanitizer from B&BW. I use it so often that I prefer to have yummy apple-smelling hands than alcohol-smelling, haha.

    Super cute card and I hope you have fun when your team comes in!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this card - it;s so bright and cheery!! I also love B and BW, but I'm 200 miles from the closest store so that makes me think I'm getting a good deal! lol...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a fun card! Sorry you're so busy at work:(

    I love B&BW:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fun card! Don't work too hard!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, what a perfect Summer card, Sparkle! Love the elements and patterns here!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog! I truly appreciate you taking the time to read and comment! Love, Sparks