Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Wedding Invitations and Coupon Savings

Where have I been?!?  I've been buried in my brother's wedding invitations.  I'll show full pictures and share all the deets when I'm actually done...but here's a preview of what I've been working on.  I love it, but I'll admit, sometimes it kindof sucks being the amazingly crafted sister, lol.


I've always been one to share and since many people have asked or commented on Facebook about my couponing, I thought I would share bits on my blog.  Now, my blog has always been a crafting one and will continue to be...this will just be addition to my everyday life posts, like my goals and book reviews. :)  Artist is a hat that  I've worn since I was a toddler and I promise it will still be my number 1 priority here.


Last week and this week, the Gillette disposable razors are on sale, buy one - get one free at Albertson's.  I was able to get 4 packs of razors free for Brent with my May coupons on Monday night.  I also got a few more things, since I needed to use the rest of my double coupons.  That was my lovely trip where I got yelled at and shared what I got

In the last Sunday paper, it also had Gillette coupons for buy one - get one free.  I was only able to use 4 of the same coupon in one transaction, but I was able to get 8 more packs of razors for $3.72, which unfortunately is all sales taxes.  It's times like these when I miss living in Oregon (no sales tax)!  Some stores don't let you stack BOGO coupons on top of a BOGO sale, but Albertson's does.


Though you can only see 4, I really did buy 8 sets.  4 for me, 4 for Brent.  So far this week, I've bought 136 razors for $5.58 (all sales tax).  That's about 4 cents a razor! :)  With no store sale and no coupons, I would of paid $82.04 (including tax).  Without any coupons and just the store sale, these razors would of cost me $42.88 (including tax).  I just lucked out on the timing for this sale.  With tax, it puts my savings at roughly 92% for this transaction.  

Well, I hope you all enjoy the Sparkle Creations previews and the new June release!  Everyone have a great day!

2 comments:

  1. Well, I know that those invites are simply gorgeous since I've seen them irl :)

    You go girl with your couponing...I saw an episode of extreme couponing last night and totally thought of you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The invites are just gorgeous! Your brother and SIL-to-be are SO very lucky!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog! I truly appreciate you taking the time to read and comment! Love, Sparks