Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Cupcake Ruby and Book Review: Let's Pretend This Never Happened

It was my SIL's birthday a couple weeks ago and this is the card I made for her.  There's nothing wrong with it, but I kindof feel like it's starting to look like every other card I make, lol.  I think I've just been so busy, I'm starting to feel 'blah' about my crafting efforts.


I'm at the tail end of wedding stuff, so I hope to get super crafty again soon!  I haven't colored in over a week, gasp!  I hope to craft at least a little bit before this weekend.


I actually finished this book 2 weeks ago and I just haven't had time to get back to this.  I was really hoping that on her book tour Jenny would come somewhere in the PacNW.  The closest she ever got was California...so hopefully one day she'll make it out here. 

If you read Jenny's blog, The Bloggess, then you will love this book.  Even if you don't, you'll love this book.  It's just silly, funny, and even though I'm sure the stories are embellished...I'm pretty sure all the events actually happened.  She does tend to talk about sexual things though, so if you find that kind of thing offensive, maybe not the book for you.


Jenny is mostly popular for Beyonce, the large metal chicken!  (And that's why I {heart} metal chickens.)  I'm proud to say Beyonce made it into the book, lol!  Once you read her life story, you will totally understand her quirkiness.


The book as highs and lows...she grew up poor....she suffered from anorexia...she has anxiety attacks...she suffers from depression...and she has an autoimmune disease.  But yet she pushes herself everyday.  She has a loving husband and daughter and she's just so crazy, you just have to laugh!  Well, I hope you all have a fabulous Tuesday!  



8 comments:

  1. Too cute, love how you have wrapped the ribbon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card. I love the red stitching.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the card, especially the ribbon treatment. And it sounds like a good book!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adorable Sparks! I can't wait to read the book, it is next in line! lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your fun card...I always love how you combine colors and patterns! Yes, you must craft this weekend!!!!! That book sounds fab:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Another beautiful creation. I always like your DP choice and your coloring is great !

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog! I truly appreciate you taking the time to read and comment! Love, Sparks