Thursday, May 31, 2012

Congratulations Engaged Lucy Card and Goal Updates

Brent's long time college friend Cody got engaged a couple weeks ago.  I was thrilled to use this Lucy for her true purpose. :)  I don't normally color Lucy as a blonde, but Kendall, Cody's fiance is blonde, so I know she'll love it once she gets it.  I haven't seen Cody and Kendall since January...so hopefully we'll plan a dinner or game night soon.


Cody and Kendall started dating right before Brent and I got married.  I'm very happy for them, though it's adding another wedding to me list, lol.  Luckily by the time I start their invitations, I'll be long done with my brother's.  They are planning for June 2013.


Before I check in with my normal goals, do you remember the A List of 30: Things I Will Do This Year that I made?  Well, I'm happy to cross off a couple of things. :) 

13. Learn to cook something new

I found this recipe on one of my couponing blogs.  I know it's something really simple, but considering that I work 2 full time jobs, I don't really have a lot of time to cook.  When I cook, I usually cook 2-3 different things at the same time so Brent and I have 3 days worth of food.  Brent and I love salmon, so I thought it would be worth trying.  Brent didn't love it, but I sure did! 

Ingredients: Salmon, Soy Sauce, Lemon Pepper, Seasoning Salt, and Miracle Whip


Lay down a layer of every ingredient that's listed above. Be sure that you have put a layer of foil down for easy clean up. Now it is ready to broil. Place it in your oven on the top rack and broil on low-med for 15-20 minutes. Or bake for 10-15 at 350º. How do you know when Salmon is done? Look for a change in color from a translucent bright pink to a more opaque whiter pink. When it’s somewhat firm to the touch, pull it out. Feel the salmon when its raw, and you should be able to see the texture of it, when its cooked its not soft and spongy anymore, its firm, but still has some give to it. Test it with a fork and it should be flaky and easy to open. If your fork comes out wet keep baking.

20. Play free Bingo

My friend Sheila and her family took me to go play free Bingo.  I actually won, but I won a set of silverware.  I'm not complaining, since it was FREE, lol.  But I really wanted the pancake griddle that some other guy won.  Sorry this pic isn't that great...but gotta love my rainbow silverware set. :) 


It's the beginning of the month and it's time to check in with my goals.  I feel like I've been so busy, yet not being productive.  I will be busy in June work wise, so I hope to keep up!

Work
  • Assistant Manager Workshop
  • Vault Teller Training - Canadian
  • Technical Writing Class
No progress in any of these big projects and unfortunately due to new compliance regulations, my project priorities have shifted.  I just had my performance review and am happy to say that it went well.  We are getting ready to shift our department again, as we're hiring 2 new employees. :)

Sparkle Creations
  • Get new wholesale accounts
  • Sales goal for each month - January, February, March, April, May, June, July, August, September, October, November, December
  • More efficient in costs
  • Teach card classes
Now that I'm not carpooling with Brent, I seem to function better on my old schedule.  I'm slowly getting things in order and creating new ways for me to be more efficient in both of my jobs.

Personal
  • Take Yoga classes
  • More efficient in costs - January, February, March, April, May, June, July, August, September, October, November, December
  • Project Life
  • Utilize my iPhone
  • Visit my mom's grave
My couponing is going well.  This month I spent $104.20 and saved $145.07 with coupons and store savings.  Shopping down in Portland with lower prices in general and no sales tax did help me out this month.  Plus, I was able to do multiple rounds of double coupons since I was with my step-mom and niece.  I wouldn't normally have that many newspapers. :) 

Well, I hope you all have a lovely Thursday!

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful card and yay for goals!! I've made salmon similar to that and it's always yummy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seriously? That's all you send a month?? I spent that much on one grocery I'll sometimes! Now I know why I am so broke! Lol
    Wonderful card, Sparkle! She will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. FAB card:)

    Always love reading your goals and updates:) Looking forward to Saturday:)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog! I truly appreciate you taking the time to read and comment! Love, Sparks