Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Celebrate Today Cocktail Emily, My Coupon Savings and Shopping Finds

I've gone through my card sample inventory and I really need to stock up on new cards for CHA.  I thought it would be fun to try something new and I pop-dotted 3 layers of Emily onto this card.  It's hard to see the dimension in the photo, but it's really neat looking in real life.


I decided on more of a pink, green, and black theme for this card.  It took a lot of work and coloring, but I love how the card came out.


I went home this last week to get measured for my bridesmaid dress.  My brother and soon to be SIL are getting married August 11th. :)  Since there's no sales tax in Oregon, I always try to save some of shopping for while I'm down there.  It's not really worth the gas, but since I would go visit my family regardless, it works out well for me.

I've been holding off on the exclusive Joann's Basic Grey paper sets.  All scrapbook supplies were 40% off this last weekend and I was able to get two 6x6 pads and 4 sets of embellishments for $16.  I really hope Basic Grey will release more of their stuff to Joann's.  :)


Albertson's had double coupons this weekend and I wasn't about to miss out!  So, I went out and bought a few copies of the Oregonian and clipped my coupons.  I already knew what I was planning on getting, so it was pretty quick and easy.  The only thing I was bummed about was that I only got a $1 off of 4 bottles for the BBQ Sauce and other regions got $1 off of 2 bottles.  So, I didn't save as much as I would of liked, but worked it out as best as I could.

I was able to double 3 sets of coupons and I had additional coupons for everything I bought.  With Albertson's store savings and coupons, I saved 81.3%.  I paid about $12 for all of this and without any coupons or store savings, I would of paid about $65.


If you average the price out, it's about $0.50 a bottle.  But not all things are equal, lol.  I was able to get the teriyaki sauce for $0.07 but the mayo was still about $1.49.  I'm trying to catch up on life and get everything together.  I hope you all have a great Tuesday!

3 comments:

  1. OHHH! That card is GORGEOUS! LOVE that ribbon and your coloring--beautiful! And hooray on your good deals! Totally need to check out BG at Joann's! I had no idea they were there! HOOOOORAY:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card, and yay for killer deals! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog! I truly appreciate you taking the time to read and comment! Love, Sparks