Monday, April 2, 2012

Rainy Day Ruby Sending a Box of Sunshine

I know, you all were starting to lose faith in me, lol.  On one of my couponing blogs, I saw this idea to send a box of sunshine.  Basically, you just fill it up with yellow stuff.  My best friend is going through some major life changes, and living on opposite sides of the country makes it hard for me to be there for her.  I hope she gets a little smile out of all this.


I went out shopping and I was able to get some pretty fun stuff.  Honestly, I'm not really a yellow fan.  Luckily, Catherine loves yellow, so it worked out well.  But I'm trying to come up with some other cute names that go with other colors.  Here is what I all got Catherine.  I think the only thing she won't use is the yellow eyeliner, lol.  But she might surprise me. :)


Well, I live in the land of rain, so it would actually be nice to have some sunshine!!  I hope you all have a great Monday and I will be back tomorrow with my next Sparkle Creations challenge card.

 





14 comments:

  1. Great idea on the box of yellow, I may have to do that! LOVE your card, that paper piecing is just fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwww, what a sweet friend you are. How could one not smile after receiving this box of sunshine. Your card is perfection for this idea.

    Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a gorgeous card and a fun care package idea.

    ReplyDelete
  4. cute card...love all the paper piecing...looks amazing..

    ReplyDelete
  5. cute card...love all the paper piecing...looks amazing..

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a cute idea!! And who wouldn't love this fabulous card!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a GREAT idea! I bet Catherine will love your little box of sunshine. You are such a wonderful friend, Sparkle!

    Besides, who doesn't love happy mail (in any color), right?! :) Hugs, Kel

    ReplyDelete
  8. this makes me smile! the yellow is soo gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yellow is a perfect color to bring sunshine. Gr8 idea for a pick me up Sparkle!
    Cute card!
    ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous card, love the image, such a sweet thing to do for your friend.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful use of yellow and green. Love the care package you put together for your friend! So sweet! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. OH MY! I loooooooooooove this image--I MUST HAVE IT! LOVE your coloring and I LOVE your little package filled with yellow things! I just did this for my friend (but I haven't sent it out! LOL! I might have to add more things from your pic! LOL!). HUGS:)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great happy card! It will definitely cheer her up!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ok, this card is GORGEOUS! LOVE it! Great LO and paper-piecing...and that image is TOO CUTE!

    I LOVE this idea! I've never been big on yellow...except dandelion yellow...so, it's surprising to me that I sometimes LOVE to use it on my cards and I definitely like how cheerful it is!

    Naomi
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog! I truly appreciate you taking the time to read and comment! Love, Sparks