Sunday, April 1, 2012

A List of 30: Things I Learned in My 20's

The most life changing events for me this last decade was definitely losing my mom and opening Sparkle Creations.  It has taught me to not take things for granted and to make the most out of things.  I learned to take more risks and follow my dreams.  Life can be short...and you never know when you'll have to say goodbye.

I just took this picture of myself yesterday...so yes, this is really what I look like right now.  Brent's favorite baseball team is the Cubbies and I got this shirt last year while I was at Summer CHA!  Oh, I miss Chicago already.

  1. Cherish your love ones
  2. Make your moments count
  3. Be daring, do what you've always dreamed of
  4. Change is a good thing
  5. I make the choice to be optimistic
  6. Living 3,000 miles away from my BFF sucks
  7. Denver is a fun place to live
  8. Learning to drive in the snow is a great skill to have
  9. The Pacific Northwest will always be home
  10. Meeting crafty blog friends in real life is so much fun
  11. I have some serious scissor skills
  12. Cherishing things that are your past, but won't be part of your future
  13. Ann Taylor has the perfect clothes sizes for me
  14. I have to be matchy, matchy
  15. All my dress shoes are black
  16. I'm addicted to caffeine  
  17. I am not a morning person
  18. The older I get, the less I talk
  19. The older I get, the less I like being on an airplane (but I won't ever give up traveling)
  20. Patience is one of my best qualities
  21. I don't like to chew gum
  22. I still don't like tomatoes as an adult
  23. A twin's bond is something different
  24. I still wish I had a normal name sometimes
  25. Being called Mrs. Smith is fabulous
  26. I can't do clean and simple designs
  27. I miss singing in Choir
  28. I miss teaching class for work
  29. I learned to be a better listener
  30. Celebrating my birthday is still my favorite holiday
I have a crafty post coming today too, so I hope you all have a lovely Monday!  It's back to work for me!
 

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for all the posts recently. It's been nice seeing you again. You are pretty dang wise for someone who is young. Hope you have a wonderful birthday week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE your #10--SUPER FUN!

    LOVE #11--you do have serious scissors skills and some sewing skills as well:)

    OH--#24! Your name is special and unique! LOVE it:) Hope you don't mind that I call you Sparks!

    #30--I never like celebrating my bday....not because I get older...but because I don't know what to do during the birthday song! Do you smile? Do you laugh? Do you look down? Do you sing along? LOL!

    HUGS! Welcome to the 30's!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog! I truly appreciate you taking the time to read and comment! Love, Sparks