Wednesday, February 8, 2012

SCRS Challenge #72 - Football Challenge, Cheerleading Emily Card, and Goal Updates

Welcome to Week 2 of Sparkle Creations Rubber Stamps Challenge #72! We appreciate you taking the time to join our challenge and look forward to seeing your creations each week. You have until Sunday, 2/12/12 @ 9 PM PST to play along with the current challenge. You can use your favorite team colors or anything related to football.  Check out the SCRS blog to see the rest of the DT's creations.


Our challenge is open to all players. Each week a random winner will be chosen, and this week's winner will receive Valentine Oliver. In order to qualify for a prize, you must use a Sparkle Creations image on your creation. Most importantly, have fun! We can't wait to see your creations!

Alright...I wasn't really into the Superbowl this year...though I did watch Madonna and found out that tickets for her show in Seattle go on sale next Monday!!  I'm kindof crazy...but I think I'm gonna try to get tickets.  Anyhoo- back to my card, lol.  I had to show some Seattle spirit, so I used my Seahawks colors.  We've only made it to the Superbowl once, but I still love my home team.  Though, living in Denver for a short time, has made a Broncos fan, lol.


To play along in our challenge, upload a photo of your project and provide a direct link in the linky widget at the bottom of the SCRS post. If you use an online gallery (e.g. Splitcoast), please also use the keywords SCRSC72 and SparkleCreations (no spaces). If you have a Facebook account and are a fan of Sparkle Creations Rubber Stamps, you can also upload there. Deadline for challenge #72 is Sunday, February 12th @ 9 PM PST.

Yikes...I'm so late with this!  But it's good for me to take a look and try to get back on track with everything! 

Work
  • Assistant Manager Workshop
  • Vault Teller Training - Canadian
  • Technical Writing Class
No progress in January so far with these 'big' projects, but my job is never dull.  I've been doing updates and teaching class.

 Sparkle Creations
  • Get new wholesale accounts
  • Add third stamp line to the store
  • Sales goal for each month - January, February, March, April, May, June, July, August, September, October, November, December
  • More efficient in costs
  • Teach card classes
CHA was definitely a different experience being an exhibitor instead of just walking the show.  It was a great show for me and am so grateful to everyone who came to help and support me!  I won't be attending the summer show this year, but am looking forward to having a full booth next January in Anaheim!  I will be saving my pennies to get a nice set up for the booth.

The aprons were such a hit.  Steph got asked a ton of questions about them and we even got asked to be photographed a few times.  Thanks again Shaela for making these!!

Personal
  • Take Yoga classes
  • More efficient in costs - January, February, March, April, May, June, July, August, September, October, November, December
  • Project Life
  • Utilize my iPhone
  • Visit my mom's grave
I've been couponing at full force since the beginning of the year.  I was warned that you don't really spend less at first, because you're still having to stockpile items.  But you should be getting way more stuff for the same amount you were spending.  I normally spend about $50 a week on groceries and some household items, but have been able to get $100 worth of stuff for the same price.

I didn't really make a spending goal until this month, but I'm hoping not to spend more than $150 a month on food, personal care items, and household items.  So far I have spend about $60.  I was able to get a ton of deordorant and razors for Brent for cheap, so that's where most of it has gone to so far. 

I just purchased a basket of fruit and vegetables from a co-op Bountiful Baskets.  For Brent and I, this will be a ton of food, but for $16.50, it just can't be beat.  I would spend way more shopping at Safeway, so I'm excited to see how it goes for us.  You don't get to pick what you get and it changes every week - though you don't have to buy every week - but I'm excited to try new and different things.  We love fruit and veggies, so this shouldn't be too bad for us. 

Well, I'll be back later with our first February preview!  Hope you're all having a great hump day!

5 comments:

  1. It's only February, so I think you're making good progress on your goals so far. And I love your card - Go Seahawks!!! lol

    p.s. I was thinking that if you wanted a banner to match the aprons for the booth that might be cute... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the coloring on this card, so awesome! You are doing great with your goals!!
    If I had a sitter for the kids I would so join you in going to Madonna, she's always been one of my favorites!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a sweet card! I really love the colour combo! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like you are progressing to me, Sparkle! I've gotta do better with my couponing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card, Sparkle. Glad to hear you are a fan of the Broncos, too. Was definitely a wild year, that is for sure! Your coloring is superb as usual on this beauty.

    Congrats on your goals and your progress toward achieving them already. Great effort and I've no doubt you will save that money!

    Have a great rest of your week!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog! I truly appreciate you taking the time to read and comment! Love, Sparks