Wednesday, January 11, 2012

January Project Life Photos - Week 2

I've been debating back and forth on what I want to do with all of my Instagram photos.  I decided to get them printed using an app Postal Pix.  It's actually quite expensive...$0.29 a picture. (I normally pay $0.09 a picture at Walgreens.) But, the parts I do like is that I don't have to take the pictures off my phone.  I don't have to resize them (I would if I was going to print them on a 4x6 format).  And it even tells me if the photo is low resolution.

Since I got my iPhone, I have 45 photos in my Instagram!  I suppose it's much easier to carry than my Canon, so I do use it more.  I still need to work on taking better pics with it.  I also wonder if I'm just jaded, lol.  Meaning, the pictures will never be as good as my Canon, so are my expectations too high?
1-5: Teriyaki salmon is one of Brent's favorite dinners.  I normally make the salmon with onions and mushrooms, and then steam broccoli.  But this time I actually made a full pan of stir fry to go with it.
 

In attempts to get a new self-portrait of myself, here's a photo that I took in my bathroom.  I always wonder if I should look up in the mirror, lol...and should I be concentrating on where it's focusing on the screen?  But after reading this post on Photojojo, I scraped the idea of a self-portrait and I want to make a collage now for my timeline photo on Facebook.  Though, I may make this my new profile pic for my blog.  This picture now of me with the BasicGrey background is from last Winter CHA.


1-9:  Since this was the only night game Bre had all season, we went to go see her play.  Her games are usually early in the afternoon and during the time that Brent and I are at work.  Unfortunately, they ended up losing by 4 points.  But it was pretty much a tied game until the last 30 seconds of the game.

I was sitting pretty far up in the bleachers, so my pictures were not that great.  I used an app Diptic to put the multiple pictures into one. Side note, there was this cute girl maybe about 4, who was recording the game on her mom's iPad.  It was so cute to watch her go side to side as the girls ran up and down the court. :)


1-10: Brian, Brent's older brother came to meet us for lunch.  We went to Red Robin and I had my usual - Guacamole Bacon Burger, with no bacon, no tomato, and a side of Ranch for my fries.  I like my burger pink, but this was the pinkest I've ever had it, lol.  It was still yummy and I will be eating the other half of it today for lunch.

After work, while Brent was renting a movie at Blockbuster, I went to go sign up for a QFC card and buy laundry detergent.  Tide is my most favorite, so I had to take advantage of this great deal.  I got 4 of these for $13.68 (including tax), which gave me 62.5% in savings.  These are normally priced at $8 a bottle.  They were buy 4, get each one for $4.99.  Then I had $2 off manufacturer coupons from the newspaper and online, making each bottle $2.99 + tax. 

BTW, Brent and I only do 3 loads of laundry every 2 weeks.  We now have enough detergent until Fall of 2013, lol. 


All right, that's pretty much my week so far.  I'm waiting for page protectors and journaling cards to come in before I order my new Project Life.  I've been debating on just slipping these in the regular pages or getting these 4x4 slot page protectors?  I'm sure I'll end up somewhere in the middle!  Everyone have a great hump day!

6 comments:

  1. Love all the pics, maybe one day I will do an album like this. But that means I would have to scrap! lol Oh! That is what I always get at Red Robin too, YUM!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No way... that's all the laundry you have to do? I've forgotten what that's like! I do 4+ loads of laundry twice a week, so even though I love Tide too it wouldn't last us long at all, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have hundreds of pics n my phone and never o them developed! Lol. One of these days! Hehe

    Seriously, that's all the laundry you guys ave too? Og my gosh, I have o o at least four each week..not counting my in laws! Can you imagine how much detergent we go through?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great pics, Sparks! I struggle with getting good pics on my iPhone, too, but yours look great! Love the collage!

    And seriously, just 3 loads of laundry every 2 weeks?!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How could you only wash 3 loads every 2 weeks especially since you work in the professional field!! You must be getting other clothes dry-cleaned?!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog! I truly appreciate you taking the time to read and comment! Love, Sparks