Sunday, October 23, 2011

Wish You Were Here Hula Girl Lucy

Today is my mom's 7 year anniversary of passing.  I celebrate this day every year by making a Hawaiian themed project, as my mom was born, raised, and buried in Hilo, Hawaii.  If you want to read my story, it's here in the 5 year anniversary post.

I had a hard time choosing between Hula Girl Lucy and Ukulele Josh, but finally decided on Lucy.  I used the matching rub-ons with white cardstock and then trimmed around the flowers.  It's a more simple card for me, but I love how it turned out. 


Though we won't be going on my actual birthday (April 2012), we'll be going to Hawaii as my 30th 29 again birthday present.  We're actually going to Cabo the week after my birthday, so we're thinking of going in August.  I'm really torn between visiting my family in Oahu or going to Maui, lol.  Regardless, we'll be headed back to the Big Island for a couple of days to visit my mom and my grandparent's graves.

I'll be driving home today from Canada and will share all about the Copic Intermediate class soon.  I hope you all have a wonderful Sunday.  Tell all your loved ones that you love them and cherish the moments you have with them!

 

19 comments:

  1. Beautiful way to honor your Mom's memory. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hugs Sparkle, you're creating a beautiful memory of and for your mum.

    x M

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember the last cards for your mom. This is another beautiful creation with lovely DP.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing this with us, Sparkle. I think this is such a neat way to honor and remember your mom. I'm sure she's smiling down on you!
    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this annual tribute to your mom...it's very sweet.

    You are going to be quite the travelling girl next year!

    I suppose you had the sideways rain up there yesterday? The weather was really icky all day yesterday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card - I'm sure your mom would love it. :) Sounds like lots of fun trips for you in the next year!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a lovely card in memory of your mom!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm glad you celebrate your mom by making a card in her honor. What a gorgeous card! Wish I was in Hawaii too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I remember seeing your Post two years ago and it brought tears to my eyes. Thank you for sharing such a heartfelt story and a beautiful card. I'm sure your mom is looking down from Heaven and is very proud of you.

    Looking forward to hearing / seeing pics of your upcoming trips! Sounds fun!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is beautiful, Sparkle! I'm so sorry I haven't been around. This past month has been insane!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a beautiful card Sparkle and it sounds like you've got a lot of fun things to look forward to.

    ReplyDelete
  12. this is so sweet and beautiful and such a wonderful tribute to your mother. i love it! big hugs! =)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your card is beautiful Sparkle, just perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  14. adorable! I wish I was in Hawaii!
    love this

    ReplyDelete
  15. so pretty and feminine Sparks - love it!

    ReplyDelete
  16. HUGS. I love that you honour your mom each year Sparks... also for some reason, we always happen to meet on this weekend! I'm so glad that I got to spend my Saturday evening with you in Canada. We need to do it again, soon!

    ReplyDelete
  17. wow!! you have a very beautiful soul!!! what a great way to honour your mom...I am sure she is very proud of the beautiful women you have become.
    your card is awesome too!

    xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  18. so beautiful and delightful, Sparle!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog! I truly appreciate you taking the time to read and comment! Love, Sparks