Monday, September 19, 2011

SCRS Challenge #61 - Favorite Song and Turntable Josh Card

This week's challenge is to use your favorite song as your inspiration.  Check out the SCRS blog to see the rest of the DT's darling creations!

Our challenge is open to all players. Each week a random winner will be chosen, and this week's winner will receive the adorable Holiday Emily rubber stamp. In order to qualify for a prize, you must use a Sparkle Creations image on your creation. Most importantly, have fun! We can't wait to see your creations!


I don't really have a favorite song.  It changes at the whim of life, my mood, era, and timing in my life.  I love all genres of music except heavy metal, lol.  I sang in Choir from the 4th grade until I graduated from college.  I also can play the piano and the flute.  Singing is definitely the one thing I truly miss from my childhood. 

I am by no means a solo singer.  They say it's actually harder to sing in a choir, since you have to blend your voice with the group.  But that's what I'm good at...and that's how I learned to be a great team player.  I have scoliosis, so I wasn't allowed to play sports.  Luckily for my parents, I loved the arts, lol!  I also used Eat Sleep Stamp Sketch #143 for this. 


Here's my decorated inside with Ukulele Josh.


Are you ready to play along? To play along in our challenge, please upload a photo of your project to the SCRS gallery. Here is the direct link to entries for this week's challenge: Sparkle Creations Photo Gallery --> SCRS Challenges --> Challenge #61. If you haven't registered yet, it just takes a few seconds to create a login and upload your photo. Deadline for this week's challenge is Sunday, September 25th @ 9 PM PST.

Additionally, if you want to upload to use an online gallery (e.g. Splitcoast), please use the Keyword SparkleCreation (no spaces) so that your card will be included in the SCRS gallery. If you have a Facebook account and are a fan of Sparkle Creations Rubber Stamps, you can also upload there. However, please note that contest entries will be pulled only from the SCRS Photo Gallery.


I hope you all have a great Tuesday!  Who's excited for Biggest Loser to start?!?


22 comments:

  1. This ROCKS! I love how you have been spicing up the inside of your cards. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute card. Love the paper.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card, Sparkle! I like the stamping on the inside, too.

    I enjoyed learning a bit more about you, too. I never knew you sang in a choir. Amy's in choir, but they don't have it in middle school here, so she's a bit bummed by that. Don't know about high school though.

    Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brilliant - love your take on the sketch Sparks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card! That sentiment is so perfect paired with the original Josh. :) And I so didn't know that you sang and could play the piano and flute... or maybe I did and I've just forgotten because you never talk about it, haha. I have scoliosis too - my right leg is shorter than my left and it makes my hip and back all wacky. But I wore a lift in my shoe for years and see a chiro occasionally and it's not too bad. I was able to do gymnastics, so that was good. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful, Sparks! Love the mix of patterns behind Josh!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super fun!! I am really loving the insides of your cards too!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are a very talented girl, Sparkle!
    Your card is so precious!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is wonderful inside and out. Great images too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful card! Luv your coloring!

    ReplyDelete
  11. eeek, this is a great card. love it inside and out!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I LOVE your papers---your image is SOOOOO cute! LOVE your coloring too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very cute card..and wow all the product info your listing..that's a lot of work :)
    Mandy

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is gorgeous inside and out, love the stitching

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is fabulous, inside and out! LOVE that paper!

    ReplyDelete
  16. super fun card, Sparkle! Love how you finished the inside as well! Wonderful choice of papers!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog! I truly appreciate you taking the time to read and comment! Love, Sparks