Wednesday, September 14, 2011

The Reality of Life...

So, nothing crafty to share today. Just wanted to take time to post about a few other things going on in my life. I am extremely busy this fall and will be on the go til Thanksgiving. I know I'm slacking in all parts of my life, except for my professional one.  I have a major project due in mid-October and our annual manager's conference is in November. 


I appreciate your patience while I am buried away. Though I am extremely busy, I am still around behind the scenes of everything. I really appreciate all the slack everyone (especially Steph) has picked up for me recently!

This last weekend, we went down to Portland for a wedding.  As always, I had such a fun time with Michael and Emily.  Em starts Kindergarten this year and Michael is in full time Preschool!  AKA, I'm getting old, lol. 


Lesson 1 for my photo class was to take action pictures.  Since Em wanted to show me how to play badminton, I figured it was perfect opportunity for me!  We were to take one picture with a fast shutter speed and another with a slow shutter speed.


I ended up buying a new lens for this class, but so far, I love it.  I am only taking this class to get better at taking pictures of my cards.  While I love learning these new skills, my passion will always lie within paper, lol. 

If you missed it on my Facebook page, Boyz II Men is coming to town in October.  I was really surprised when Brent asked me if I wanted to go.  I never really thought that Brent would be up for that.  I've seen B2M three times as a teenager, so I'm interested to see what my thoughts are about them as an adult. 


Anyhoo- I'll be back tomorrow with a card and my Project 29 photos.  I hope you all have a great hump day!

3 comments:

  1. We all understand what it's like when life gets busy - we'll take what we can get of you for now! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Shaela, we all understand! I know for me this time of year is always a gong show!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ditto for me... we all have times when life is crazy!

    I love these action photos of Emily. Hard to believe she is in Kindergarten already!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog! I truly appreciate you taking the time to read and comment! Love, Sparks