Thursday, September 15, 2011

Ukulele Josh and Hula Girl Lucy Hawaiian Honeymoon Card

When I make wedding cards, I always match the colors to the invitations.  The invitations were completely white, so I couldn't figure out if that was their color or not.  My motto is "Life is too short for beige!," so I decided for a more fun non-traditional card.  Hope the bride and groom liked it!

Allison and Nathan are in Hawaii right now for their honeymoon.  When Brent and I got married, we also registered our honeymoon.  Since we paid for one of their fun dinners out, I thought Lucy and Josh would be just perfect!  I also used Unscripted Sketches #122 for this.  I was inspired by Suzanne's card, which uses Celebrating Chloe and Birthday Josh.


Since I'm sure they'll hit up the beach, I thought Surfing Oliver would be a good one to put inside! 


One wedding down...3 more to go.  Wedding #2 is this weekend.  Brent's old Branch Manager is getting married.  It's been gray and gloomy, so I'm hoping for sunshine this weekend!


Brent and I like to be matchy, matchy.  You can tell in the picture that Brent's tie matches my dress.  Funny thing is, we matched the wedding color perfectly, lol.  The dinner napkins blended in with my dress!
This was a kid friendly wedding and there was a fun play room for them.  Brent stole mini corn-dogs off the kid's dinner table, lol, and we took this silly picture with their props.  The face painter was giving mustaches and beards to all the little ones.  It was hilarious! 
I hope you all have a great Thursday!  Who's ready for the 2 Hour Season Premiere of Grey's next week?!?



20 comments:

  1. BEAUTIFUL Sparkle. I absolutely love love this card. First it's Hawaiian themed and I love hawaii 2nd the color are just eye popping.

    Hugs
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! This surpasses your usual brilliance Sparks!

    Lovin' the glasses!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. love love love the wedding card and how you stitched the stamped panels....looks like a fun wedding you guys are so very cute and matchy matchy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is definitely one of my favorite cards you've made! LOVE it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute card and love your pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so cute! I love this idea for an anniversary card. Your pictures are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What an amazing card that is. I love the brighness of it and that there are 2 images on the front.

    Love the pic of you all in the glasses. Super cute.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fun card!! And those pics look like that was a fun wedding too, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey! I love ur card Sparkle!! You and Brent look terrific!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think they'll love it! what a super fun card!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your card!!!! So fun, Sparkle! Great pics too:)

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is A-MA-ZING Sparkle!!! WOW! Love how you've interpreted the sketch, and I think I just might have to buy that paper pad, LOL! Hugs, Sem x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Unbelievably sweet and beautiful!!!
    So personal. I just ADORE it!
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh this card couldn't be any more amazing WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such a darling card, I love how you paired them together! Also the pic with you and Brent wearing the huge glasses is too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love the blocks and concept of this card! I once matched the wedding colors so much that people thought I was a wanna-be bridesmaid because the color of my dress blended in!!! Haha! Cool pics!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love this sweet card! They will, too! Fun pics!

    ReplyDelete
  18. So fun! The animal print on the inside is a great touch!

    ReplyDelete
  19. FABULOUS card, LOVE the layout and how you cut the images off, but it's still SO pretty! I have tried doing that, and I just can't so I admire you! Also, LOVE the idea of the kids room, and you two being matchy-matchy. SO FUN!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog! I truly appreciate you taking the time to read and comment! Love, Sparks