Monday, August 8, 2011

SCRS Challenge #55 - Inspiration Photo and Shopping Emily Card

This week's challenge is an inspiration photo.  Use the photo to inspire your creation!  Check out the SCRS blog to see the actual inspiration photo and the rest of the DT's darling creations!

Our challenge is open to all players. Each week a random winner will be chosen, and this week's winner will receive the adorable Bicycle Chloe rubber stamp. In order to qualify for a prize, you must use a Sparkle Creations image on your creation. Most importantly, have fun! We can't wait to see your creations!


I kindof cheated for this challenge, lol.  Yesterday was my friend Amy's birthday...and I knew I wanted to make this for her.  I kindof picked paper and colored my image before looking at the photo.  So, the only relation I have to this card and the photo is that it looks like it's set up for a fun summer party, lanterns and all! :) 

Well, if you know Amy, you know she has awesome ninja shopping skills!.  So I knew immediately I needed to use Shopping Emily for her birthday card this year.  Typical me, she'll be getting her card hopefully today...but it helps that she only lives 5 minutes away from me.  I can't wait to see her later this month at Impress.  I also used Deconstructed Sketch #13 for this.

Paper: BG Life of the Party
Stamps: SCRS Shopping Emily, sentiments are A Muse and AmyR
MFT Flower Die, Pearls, Crystal Stickles, Sizzix Flourish Die, and Copics

I even decorated the inside to match!  I had such a hard time photographing this though.  It may seem backwards, but from now on I think I will do the inside first, take photos, and then add the card front, lol. 


To play along in our challenge, upload a photo of your project and provide a direct link in the linky widget at the bottom of the SCRS post. If you use an online gallery (e.g. Splitcoast), please also use the Keywords SCRSC55 and SparkleCreations (no spaces). If you have a Facebook account and are a fan of Sparkle Creations Rubber Stamps, you can also upload there. Deadline for this week's challenge is Sunday, August 14th @ 9 PM PST.

***While we are still transitioning, you are also more than welcome to upload your card to the SCRS Photo Gallery.  All you have to do is register on the site and start uploading!  Please upload your entries to Sparkle Creations Photo Gallery > SCRS Challenges > Challenge #55.***

I hope you all have a great Tuesday!  Sneak peeks for the August release start tomorrow!

20 comments:

  1. OH my gosh I love this, love the inside!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amy will love this card, Sparkle! It is so cheerful! Cool colors!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Too cute! The onside is so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card, Sparks! I thought you took your inspiration from the cushions - they are striped like your card!! So it does fit properly afterall, lol!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sparkle, this card is amazing! I love the bright colors and the flower. The inside is a great surprise! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is adorable Sparkle! I love that stamp and I really love what you did with the sketch! That flower is FABULOUS!!! Gorgeous work! Thanks for joining us this week. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful! Love the finished inside, too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous card... but yeah, you totally cheated, hahaha. That's okay though - you're the boss, after all! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the decorated inside! Such a cute card and a fun new way to use image stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous, vibrant card and the line image on the inside is such a perfect finishing touch!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I giggled when I read you picked papers/colors/etc. before you looked at the challenge..hehe! Fabulous card, love her jeans!! and the inside is so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fabulous! Really love the inside!

    ReplyDelete
  13. beautiful vibrant colors and details. love love how you finished the inside of the card, too. fabulous card and i am sure Amy will love this!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sparkle, this is awesome!!! Love your coloring! I have done the inside first, photographed, and added the card front - LOL!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love love love it!!!!! It was waiting patiently for me in my mailbox today....thank you thank you thank you!!!!!!! Thanks for my goodie too:)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love that you stamped that gal on the inside! LOVE the papers and that glittered flower! LOVE LOVE LOVE:)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow this is super cute! Loving the bright bold colours and the fab outfit!
    love tasha xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. I think you should become someones fashion consultant cause this outfit is awesome!! hehehe.. This whole card is fantastic! Love the inside too.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog! I truly appreciate you taking the time to read and comment! Love, Sparks