Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Botanical Blooms Sympathy Cards

{Today we are showing sneak peeks of Karber Shopping Millie.  Head over to the SCRS blog for a chance to win her!}

Ever since I got my Copics in December 2007, I've put solid stamping on the back burner.  In that time, I also stopped being a CTMH consultant.  But for whatever reason, I just couldn't let go of my precious ink pads.  Lately, I've been collecting the spots of SU colors and will soon have their whole color set. 

If you know me well...you know this is one of my favorite paper sets.  I'm sorry to bring out the tissue again, but I'm still mourning the lost of Kiwi Kiss.  I truly hope that Lucky Limeade will be able to fill this void, lol.

Paper: SU Urban Garden (retired)
Stamps: A Muse Bursting Blooms (retired), sentiment is A Muse Loving Memories
PTI Ribbon, Pearls, and EK Success Border Punch

Solid stamping is one of those secret goals that I've had and I'm glad I finally got the opportunity to jump back into this.  Unfortunately, one of our co-workers lost her fiance last week.  Sympathy cards are never easy to make, but I do hope she finds a little comfort in mine and Brent's gesture.  She was a District Manager during our stint in Denver and actually moved to Seattle about the same time Brent and I did.  Brent did work in her district before coming to the Corporate office.

Paper: SU Urban Garden
Stamps: A Muse Botanical Gardens 2, sentiment is A Muse Loving Memory
Pearls, Crystal Stickles, EK Success Border Punch and PTI Ribbon

There are 3 types of cards I keep in my limited stash.  Birthday (for when Brent asks me the night before {ugh}, lol), Thank You, and Sympathy.  Since I believe death comes in sets, I have added a few more cards to my stash.  I was once told it's a bad omen to create a sympathy card before they past...but if you call me in the middle of the night and I have to fly somewhere...you'd be getting a cheap store-bought card!

Anyhoo- I hope you all have a wonderful hump day!  I hope Jeff wins the veto tonight!

21 comments:

  1. It's never easy to need or give or make sympathy cards. You've made two pretty ones here. Beautiful solid stamping and color combo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely beautiful!! So sorry for your friend's loss...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sympathy cards are so very hard to make...you did an excellent job on these. Very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty cards! I feel the same way about solid stamping - I love to color, but it's nice to mix things up every once in awhile, you know?

    We just had 5 deaths in the last month in our circle of acquaintances... so as morbid as it sounds, I'm with you that they happen in groups and it's better to be prepared!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The cards are gorgeous Sparkle! I'm sure your co-worker appreciated the gesture and that your thoughts comforted her.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very sweet card. So perfect.

    I miss Kiwi Kiss too. :(

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow Sparkle these are really beautiful and elegant - gorgeous
    love taha xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely cards Sparkle! I miss using my SU stuff! But not too much. hehehe.. Have a great hump day! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. such pretty sympathy cards...love your stamping!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely card! I'm so sorry for your friend's loss.. how devasting for her.

    I had to LOL when I read your post - Dan does the same thing to me when asking for cards last minute!

    ReplyDelete
  11. These are SO beautiful Sparkle and I just love seeing these types of cards from you.

    ReplyDelete
  12. these are gorgeous, Sparkle! love seeing your stamping cards!

    ReplyDelete
  13. These are so beautiful. I love the colors and the elegant designs. I might have to CASE them! Thanks for sharing your work.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog! I truly appreciate you taking the time to read and comment! Love, Sparks