Saturday, July 23, 2011

Shopping Emily Card and SCRS Sponsoring Card Patterns

This week Sparkle Creations is sponsoring Card Patterns!  Check out their blog to see more darling SCRS creations!  Play along this week for a chance to win Surfing Oliver and Swimming Lucy.


It was my bestie's birthday yesterday.  Normally, I'd be posting about how we live on different sides of the country - me in Seattle and her in Washington, DC.  I'd whine about how I'm sad not to see her and that I won't get to celebrate with her.  Well, not this year, lol!  She came to Chicago to meet up with me after CHA and we celebrated her real 29th birthday in style!

When I showed my card to Brent, he thought the sentiment was lame and cheesy.  I admit, I wouldn't normally use something like that for Catherine, but since she actually got to spend the WHOLE day with me, it was the funnest birthday ever!  

Paper: BG Out of Print
Stamps: SCRS Shopping Emily, sentiment is A Muse
Copics, Thickers, PTI Flower Dies, Felt, Pearls, and MS Border Punch

For those who don't know me that well, Catherine and I were roommates in college, both in the dorms and the sorority house.  Though we've both have moved a lot since college, we've stayed the bestest of friends.  We normally only see each other once a year, so we definitely try to make the best of our time together!

I hope you all have a fabulous Saturday!  I will be flying home tomorrow after a lovely brunch!

22 comments:

  1. Lovely card! How cool that you and your BFF got to spend the day together!

    ReplyDelete
  2. FUN ans FAB!!~ Happy Week-end!!~

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is such a gorgeous card, love the image and fab papers!
    have a great weekend, Debxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW this is fabulous! Love the colours and funky DP! Its such a fun design
    love tasha xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card Sparkle! I love the sentiment! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. CUTE! I love the sentiment too, and I would totally use it no matter how cheesy:) Enjoy your last day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. An adorable card - and great that you actually got to celebrate the big birthday in person!

    ReplyDelete
  8. SUPER cute-love all the colors and that flower is super cute! GREAT card:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, love this eclectic style Sparks!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sparkle, your coloring is awesome and i like this super great DP !!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the card, and sentiment. lol Beautiful, as always!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a fabuous card! And fab papers too! I'm sure the two of you had a great day together! Cheers,
    Shanna :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a pretty card! Love the mix of papers and colors! Happy birthday to your bestie! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such a wonderful card, Sparkle!

    ReplyDelete
  15. what a fun and busy card! cute image too! have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fun and fabulous card, Sparkle!

    ReplyDelete
  17. such a beautiful card, Sparkle! love it! so glad to hear that you had fun with your best friend!

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is too stinking cute Sparkle! I love the way you layered this paper... I have it and I love it but never use it because it's a bit intimidating for me, lol. LOVE that flower and the number for the birthday at the bottom!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Super cute! I'm sure Catherine loved it (almost as much as she loved spending the day with you, haha) ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog! I truly appreciate you taking the time to read and comment! Love, Sparks