Sunday, July 3, 2011

SCRS July Previews - Bookworm Ruby

Today we are showing previews of Bookworm Ruby!  I know it's too early to even think about school yet, but sadly summer break will be over before we know it!  Ruby always tends to be the dreamer of the group, so it would fit that she reads a lot, lol.  All new stamps will be available on Saturday, July 9th, 2011.

*This is my 2nd post for today.  If you are looking for my TGF Mystery Monday post, please click here or scroll down.*

I've been saving my new Oxford paper for this release!  I knew once I saw the paper with books on it, it would be the perfect background for this image.  I'm an avid reader too, so I know I'll get lots of good use out of her!  Though it's flipped and slightly altered, I used Deconstructed Sketch #8 for this.

Paper: BG Oxford
Stamps: SCRS Bookworm Ruby
Prima Flowers, BG Buttons, Twine, Pearls, Copics, MS Border Punch, Nestabilities, and Crystal Stickles

Be sure to visit all rest of the SCRS designers for more peeks of Bookworm Ruby.  I will be giving away a Bookworm Ruby to one lucky person! For a chance to win, you need to comment on all of the designer's blogs (list below). Then head on over to the SCRS blog and comment on the Ruby post. You have until midnight EST each day to comment. The lucky winner will be announced the following day!

Alice Wertz
Kerri Michaud - July Guest Designer
Kim Yu
Shaela Odd
Simonne Clay
Sparkle Smith
Stephanie Kraft
Sparkle Creations Rubber Stamps Blog

I hope you all have a lovely Monday!  Happy 4th of July to those who are in the US!

31 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous Sparkle I love the blingy book!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the book paper, and the "sparkly" book!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is the cutest! I love that paper and the image is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, Sparkle she is totally cute and i like the matching book DP !

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yep, perfect DP match! Wonderful make, Sparkle!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a lovely card, the green is a really nice touch.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great stamp! Love the sparkle you added and it looks like the glasses are glossy! I work at a school so I'm definately enjoying the break but I still miss work .... shhhhh....don't tell them that! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ruby looks fabulous and that paper is great.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Adorable new image, Sparkle, and she really shines with your awesome coloring! Love that sentiment, too!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your card. Oh no another must have stamp. Ruby is so cute. I love to read. Just adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wonderful card, Sparks! Just love her with all the books in the background! Have a wonderful 4th and Happy Anniversary to you and Brent!

    ReplyDelete
  12. She's so darling! I love her with that paper!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great card..love the papers you used...I don't have that collection.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love lvoe this, Sparkle! Great paper choices! Hapy 4th and happy anniversary!!! Enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love this new Ruby!! Can't wait to order her! Lovely card too my friend!

    <3. Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  16. My 11 year old DD is such a bookwork, this is a MUST have for her! DARLING preview card, I love her!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I just ordered this paper and can't wait to get it:) Absolutely adorable card, Sparkle! I love the layout and your fab coloring!

    ReplyDelete
  18. So gorgeous, such a pretty image and I adore your dp :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Very intelligent and oh so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love your take on Ruby, the papers and sparkle are awesome! I love to read too, this image is so me lol!

    ReplyDelete
  21. She's perfect Sparkle and those papers do work well with this image!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love this image and the colors you chose, nice and bold. Can't wait to see the rest of the release!

    ReplyDelete
  23. You are right..it's the perfect paper!

    ReplyDelete
  24. this is so beautiful, Sparkle! isn't this paper collection perfect for Ruby? love love your card!

    ReplyDelete
  25. I have granddaughters that are bookworms. I would love to have this stamp and the sentiment to make cards and bookmarks for them. Fantastic card!

    ReplyDelete
  26. So Cute. I love how you made the glasses all glossy.

    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  27. How sweet! And that paper is perfect for it!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog! I truly appreciate you taking the time to read and comment! Love, Sparks