Wednesday, June 1, 2011

With Deepest Sympathy and Goal Updates

My Great Uncle Nelson (my grandma's brother) passed away a week and a half ago.  I made this card for Stefanie, who is my first cousin once removed.  Though Stef is my parent's generation, she's one of the youngest cousins, so she's actually closer to my age.  She also went to OSU, so we have that college alumnae bond. 

I got this stamp from Rubber Necker at the stamp fair a few weeks ago.  I was looking on their site and I can't find this stamp anywhere.  I'm much more a silver person, so I had to scrounge my room for gold stuff.  I swear this embossing powder has been around since before my own mom passed away.  I think it's time for a new Versa Mark pad, lol...as you can tell my embossing is a bit uneven.

Paper: SU and Asian Print Paper
Stamps: Rubber Necker, sentiment is A Muse
Embossing Powder, Prima Flowers, Copics, and Pearls

It's the first of the month, so it's time to check in with my goals. I was so busy in May, I feel like it was a really unproductive month.  Adjusting to my department merge and getting use to my new work schedule pretty much drained me. 

Work Goals
  • Learn Flash
  • Complete Illustrator and Photoshop Tutorials
  • Technical Writing Class
SCRS Goals
  • Sell enough stamps to pay for each release - January, February, March, April, May, June, July, August, September, October, November, December
  • Attend CHA
  • Copic Intermediate Certification Class
  • Post 3 Sparkle Creations cards each week - January, February, March, April, May, June, July, August, September, October, November, December
The good news is that I made my sales goal for the month of May.  Though I haven't accomplished much more than that, I do have a fun surprise coming up next week for SCRS. 

Personal Goals
  • DSLR Photo Class
  • Visit Catherine (my bff)
  • Re-dedicating myself to making my Christmas cards and tags
  • Surprise trip for Brent's 30th birthday
I am so excited to go to Chicago in July.  I don't even want to talk about the rest, lol...maybe another day, another time when I'm in a better mood. 

It's almost half way through the year and I'm not doing too well with this list, lol.  I'm overly thrilled with the support of Sparkle Creations though and thats a good enough accomplishment in itself!  I hope you all have a great hump day! 

17 comments:

  1. A really beautiful sympathy card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Simply BEAUTIFUL Sparkle!! SO excited to see something created with Rubbernecker Stamps!! Hope you are well!! Have an AWESOME day!


    ENJOY LIFE~
    Jacquie/Javablustamper!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous card, and good for you for meeting your goals!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card! And don't worry about the goals - you're right, the success of SCRS is HUGE!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, your card is beautiful. I hope it brings peace and comfort.

    The stamp is Rubbernecker Geisha
    SKU:535-01

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so beautiful, Sparkle! I think I have some gold embossing powder that I bought about 13 years ago! I'm so sorry to hear about your great uncle.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a gorgeous card....I need new Versa Mark pad too...You're so good about posting goals...I should do that so that I'm more motivated to get some of the stuff done.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Condolences on your family's loss. This is such a beautiful, elegant card to commemorate his life and brighten your cousin's day!

    ReplyDelete
  9. what a great asian card. very stoic card. have a good hump day!

    ReplyDelete
  10. awesome sympathy card! love the look!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm thinking of you and your family, Sparkle. This is such a beautiful card.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Amazing sympathy card-- love the gold embossing. Sorry for your loss.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm so sorry for your loss.. this is just lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  14. such an elegant color combination and design. gorgeous card, Sparkle! love it! hope one of these days i'll meet you at a CHA event! =)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog! I truly appreciate you taking the time to read and comment! Love, Sparks