Thursday, June 30, 2011

SCRS 1st Anniversary Throwback Challenge, Surfing Oliver Card, and Goal Updates

In addition to our weekly Sparkle Creations Rubber Stamps challenge, we are kicking off July with a special Anniversary Throwback Challenge! This challenge will last all month long and the winner will receive the complete August release!


Your challenge is to create a card or project using one of the Original 8 images that Sparkle released one year ago. To refresh your memory, the challenge graphic has a little snippet of each character. They are Charlotte With a Rose, Cocktail Emily, Cupcake Ruby, Lantern Rin, Scooter Chloe, Surfing Oliver, Swimming Lucy and Turntable Josh.

I decided to use Surfing Oliver for this challenge.  Though I made him a blondie, I love Oliver because he reminds me of my little brother Michael.  I also used Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge #123 for this.  Shaela was such a sweetheart and gave me this sentiment.  She actually gave me a small sentiment and a large sentiment! :)  So, yeah, I'll be using it twice to count, lol. 

Paper: Basic Grey Lauderdale
Stamps: SCRS Surfing Oliver, sentiment is PMS
Pearls, Copics, Crystal Stickles and Rhinestones

To play along in our challenge, upload a photo of your project and provide a direct link in the linky widget at the bottom of the SCRS post. If you use an online gallery (e.g. Splitcoast), please also use the Keywords SCRSC1YR and SparkleCreations (no spaces). If you have a Facebook account and are a fan of Sparkle Creations Rubber Stamps, you can also upload there. Deadline for this week's challenge is Sunday, July 31st @ 9 PM PST.


It's the first of the month, so it's time to check in with my goals. I had a crazy and non-productive month.  But July is looking good and I hope to get lots done this month!

Work Goals
  • Learn Flash
  • Complete Illustrator and Photoshop Tutorials
  • Technical Writing Class
On a different note, I got promoted yesterday!  I'm super excited about it!  I also celebrate my 6 year anniversary with Moneytree this month!

SCRS Goals
  • Sell enough stamps to pay for each release - January, February, March, April, May, June, July, August, September, October, November, December
  • Attend CHA
  • Copic Intermediate Certification Class
  • Post 3 Sparkle Creations cards each week - January, February, March, April, May, June, July, August, September, October, November, December
I really thought I was going to be short on sales this month, but you fabulous customers came through for me!  I got 4 orders on June 30th to bump me over!  I truly appreciate it and can't wait for all the fun this month! 

Personal Goals
  • DSLR Photo Class
  • Visit Catherine (my bff)
  • Re-dedicating myself to making my Christmas cards and tags
  • Surprise trip for Brent's 30th birthday
I'm counting down the days til CHA, though I'm still heartbroken over Basic Grey not being there.  I will have plans for Brent's birthday next week, so I'm finally excited about it!
    I hope you all have a fabulous Friday! It's almost the holiday weekend!  Anyone have any fun plans?

    19 comments:

    1. What a fabulous card! Love the mix of papers and that awesome coloring! :)

      ReplyDelete
    2. Love the papers you have used with Oliver, so darn cute!
      Hopefully advanced certification will be a go this fall, would be so fun to go with you! :)
      Hugs,
      Peg

      ReplyDelete
    3. Congrats on your promo Sparkle!

      Gorgeous card - brilliant colouring!

      ReplyDelete
    4. Wow, the surfboard looks great. Fabulous card, Sparkle !

      ReplyDelete
    5. That's great that you guys are doing a "throwback" challenge- WOW has it BEEN a year?? CONGRATS SParks! Great card!

      ReplyDelete
    6. Beautiful! Love the bright and fun colors!

      Congrats on a year of SCRS (wow, time sure does fly by!).. and BIG congrats on your promotion at work!!

      ReplyDelete
    7. Ok, I need this dp:) This is too CUTE!!! Congrats on your one year anniversary, and thank you so much for inviting me to join you this month!!!

      ReplyDelete
    8. LOVE this Sparkle! FAB coloring on this cutie!!!

      ReplyDelete
    9. Love that card Sparkle! Hope you have a gr8 weekend! Hugs,

      ReplyDelete
    10. Your card is trully amazing! You really sparkle the stamping world, Sparkle! You are so talented and it is such a joy visiting your blog!
      Congratulations on your first Anniversary and many more to come! :)

      ReplyDelete
    11. fabulous card Sparkle, love all the stitching!
      Have a great weekend!
      Happy Crafting, Debxx

      ReplyDelete
    12. Congratulations!!! Your card is awesome :)

      ReplyDelete
    13. Fabby card Sparks, love the cute image!

      ReplyDelete
    14. Such fun card, Sparkle! LOVE the sentiment lots!

      ReplyDelete
    15. Fab design & mixture of papers!

      ReplyDelete
    16. love those colors. fab summery card, Sparkle!

      ReplyDelete

    Thanks for visiting my blog! I truly appreciate you taking the time to read and comment! Love, Sparks