Tuesday, May 10, 2011

SCRS Challenge #42 - Shaped Card, RC Challenge #2 - Shabby Chic, and Celebrating Chloe Card

This week's challenge is to make a shaped card, anything besides an A2 or square card.  Check out the SCRS blog to see the rest of the DT's darling creations.


Our challenge is open to all players. Each week a random winner will be chosen, and this week's winner will receive the adorable Lantern Rin rubber stamp. In order to qualify for a prize, you must use a Sparkle Creations image on your creation. Most importantly, have fun! We can't wait to see your creations!


The challenge at the Ribbon Carousel this week is Shabby Chic.  Well, it's not really my style at all...so here is my attempt.  I sponged the background to make it look more vintage...but I think I failed at that, lol.  Please remember that your creation must have ribbon, bakers twine, jute twine, lace, seam binding (basically anything that comes on a spool).

Paper: Basic Grey Sweet Threads
Stamps: Sparkle Creations Celebrating Chloe, sentiment is A Muse
Prima Flowers, PTI Buttons, Copics, Nestabilities, PTI Ribbon, and Pearls

To play along in our challenge, upload a photo of your project and provide a direct link in the linky widget at the bottom of the SCRS post. If you use an online gallery (e.g. Splitcoast), please also use the Keywords SCRSC42 and SparkleCreations (no spaces). If you have a Facebook account and are a fan of Sparkle Creations Rubber Stamps, you can also upload there. Deadline for this week's challenge is Sunday, May 15th @ 9 PM PST.

I hope you all have a great Tuesday!  I went home for Mother's Day weekend, so I'm sorry for being so behind!  I hope to catch up with everything this week!

24 comments:

  1. This is SUPER cute, Sparks! I like the sponging and the flowers, they look shabby. :) Overall it just a super cute card! Love the coloring and the little on the party horn.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OOOOOOOOOOOOH! This is GORGEOUS Sparkle! LOVE the colors and your coloring!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Look at this pleated ribbon! Amazing card!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fun image, Sparkle, and this party gal is perfect in those vibrant colors! The ribbon pleating adds such whimsical texture, too!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super cute! I think it qualifies as shabby chic. ;)

    BTW, I got your birthday package back last week and mailed it off again PROPERLY, lol. Please let me know when it arrives safe and sound because the kids were distracting me and I forgot to ask for delivery confirmation, haha. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. what a great challenge. love the shape of your card and the image. love the bunched ribbon too. have a good day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a sweet card! Love the ruffled ribbon!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous Sparkle! Brilliant ribbon!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Modern shabby? It's very pretty! Love the layers and the textures! I'm ready to party!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. this is super cute! love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  11. omgosh this is SO adorable! Love it! Your cinched ribbon is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is fabby-shabby! Haha! I think you did just fine with the ribbon spool challenge.

    <3 Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  13. So very cute and like always, colored to perfection.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is such a pretty card, Sparkle!
    Got the thank you card in the mail today...thanks so much! Love it! Yay! I own a Sparkle card! hehe

    ReplyDelete
  15. So lovely! Awesome color combination!

    ReplyDelete
  16. love the beautiful lush colors and the ribbon treatment. gorgeous card, Sparkle!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hiya Sparks! I've been lurking again. Seems like I never have enough time! LOL LOVE the ribbon on this one! And, as always, your coloring is impeccable! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Super cute card. Love the shape.

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is an awesome card!! Love the image, the papers, the stitching & the icing on the cake- that beautiful gathered/stitched ribbon!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Sparkle, I LOVE all of your cards this week!! You are an amazing crafter and that gathered and stiched ribbon is FAB!! Thanks for everything girl!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog! I truly appreciate you taking the time to read and comment! Love, Sparks