Monday, April 25, 2011

SCRS Challenge #40 - Inspiration Challenge, My Blogging Anniversary, and Daffodil Charlotte Card

This week's challenge is an inspiration challenge.  Check out the SCRS blog to see the actual inspiration photo and the rest of the DT's darling creations!


Our challenge is open to all players. Each week a random winner will be chosen, and this week's winner will receive the adorable Swimming Lucy rubber stamp. In order to qualify for a prize, you must use a Sparkle Creations image on your creation. Most importantly, have fun! We can't wait to see your creations!

This was suppose to be a Mother's Day card for Brent's grandma...but I totally forgot until I was photographing it.  I tried to fix it...but it just wasn't working out.  So I gave up and guess I'll just have to make another one, lol.  I also used Eat Sleep Stamp Sketch #127 for this. 

Paper: Basic Grey Kioshi
Stamps: Sparkle Creations Daffodil Charlotte, sentiment is PTI
Pearls, Copics, and MS Butterfly Punch

To play along in our challenge, upload a photo of your project and provide a direct link in the linky widget at the bottom of the SCRS post. If you use an online gallery (e.g. Splitcoast), please also use the Keywords SCRSC39 and SparkleCreations (no spaces). If you have a Facebook account and are a fan of Sparkle Creations Rubber Stamps, you can also upload there. Deadline for this week's challenge is Sunday, April 24th @ 9 PM PST.

__________________________________________________________________________________

Today embarks a very special day for me.  While it's not technically my blog anniversary on Blogger, it's been exactly a decade since I started blogging.  Ten years to the day is when I opened my Live Journal account.

At that point in my life, I was a freshman in college.  I had just turned 19 and I hadn't even met Brent yet, lol. (I'd meet him just 3 months later.)  I apparently went to Old Navy and Gap, went to the mall with 3 friends, hung out with another friend, called an old friend, won concert tickets to see Ginuwine (still one of my favorite singers), and went to a party with yet another friend.  I so wish I still had the same kind of energy I had in college, lol. 

But I love that I documented all the major points in my life.  When I still scrapbooked, it really helped to go back and read about every party, event, and thing I did.  Sorority events started to blur together, so when I did that album, it was especially helpful! 

I will admit, since my wedding, I've been horrible at documenting my personal events.  I think it's because I stopped scrapbooking.  But with me doing Project 29, I hope to change that!  May the next decade be just as eventful!  I hope you all have a lovely Tuesday! 

16 comments:

  1. This is so pretty! Love how you drew from the inspiration!

    Congrats on 10 years of blogging! Wow! I sure would love to see your scrapbook layouts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. PRETTY PRETTY I love the purple!!~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy blog anniversary Sparkle! Wow, 10 years! I think I'm nearly on my second - some time to catch up, lol!

    Gorgeous card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW!! 10 years, I'm just crawling up to one year..lol..Very pretty card..love the colour combo.
    Luv CHRISSYxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, My! Your card is beautiful! I love the butterfly.

    Wow! Ten years! Good for you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. 10 years of blogging...can't believe it...sooo fabulous!

    LOVE today's card...soo pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  7. beautiful card, and congrats on your anniversary!! I wish I had kept a better journal or blog or something in college. I have so many great, fun memories but like you said... they're all kind of blurred together, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  8. what a sweet card! love the layering and the butterfly really adds to it. great card for mother's day! have a good one!

    ReplyDelete
  9. so pretty, love the colors...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! Congrats on reaching 10years! How awesome!!!
    Sweet card! I love the colors and papers :)
    hugs, margie

    ReplyDelete
  11. love love the colors you used. such a beautiful card, Sparkle!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love Love LOVE the purples and your soft coloring!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Pretty card! Love the soft colors and papers you chose.
    Also, Congrats on your anniversary! Wow, what a milestone for you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful card, Sparks! Love the soft colors!

    Congrats on your blogging anniversary.. Here's to 10 more years!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Pretty! Congrats on your anniversary!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog! I truly appreciate you taking the time to read and comment! Love, Sparks