Tuesday, April 5, 2011

SCRS Challenge #37 - Neutrals with a Splash of Color and Valentine Oliver Card

This week's challenge is to use neutrals with a splash of color.  Don't forget to check out the SCRS blog to see the rest of the DT's lovely designs.


Our challenge is open to all players. Each week a random winner will be chosen, and this week's winner will receive the adorable Scooter Chloe rubber stamp. In order to qualify for a prize, you must use a Sparkle Creations image on your creation. Most importantly, have fun! We can't wait to see your creations!

I got these flowers and I've been wanting to use them.  I thought this challenge would be perfect to showcase them.  My crafty companions with me at the time kept complaining about how bulky they are...but you all must know by now that I love lumpy cards, lol.  I also used JUGS Sketch #78 for this.

Paper: Crate Paper Protrait Collection
Stamps: Sparkle Creations Valentine Oliver
Kiaser Flowers, Pearls, Copics, and Nestabilities

To play along in our challenge, upload a photo of your project and provide a direct link in the linky widget at the bottom of the SCRS post. If you use an online gallery (e.g. Splitcoast), please also use the Keywords SCRSC37 and SparkleCreations (no spaces). If you have a Facebook account and are a fan of Sparkle Creations Rubber Stamps, you can also upload there. Deadline for this week's challenge is Sunday, April 10th @ 9 PM PST.

This is the first time in all the years I've worked, that I'm actually working on my birthday.  I normally take the day off...but I decided to save the vacation day for my Summer CHA trip and visiting with Catherine in Chicago.  But it'll still be a fun day regardless, as I'll get goodies at work and dinner out with Brent!  Everyone have a fabulous Tuesday!

35 comments:

  1. So cute!!! I love his hat! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am all for lumpy cards as long as the embellies are perfect for the card :). Hope you have a great day tomorrow! Happy birthday!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohh I LOVE these colors, FABULOUS!!!!~

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy happy Birthday, Sparkle! May all your dreams come true!
    This is a lovely card! Awesome sketch too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy birthday Sparkle! :)

    Really cute card! Love the use of maroons!

    ReplyDelete
  6. *HAPPY BIRTHDAY* Sparkle!! Yippee! Even though you have to work, sounds like you're making the best of it!

    Card's on it's way this morning.

    <3 Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Birthday, Sparkle! I hope you have a wonderful birthday.
    Great card, too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. super cute card! hope you have a wonderful birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous card - hope you have a terrific birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a SWEET card!!!

    **happy birthday**

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy, happy Birthday, Sparkle! Your card is fabulous. Do you think Brent would show up dressed like this? It'd be so cute, wouldn't it? Bummer you have to work on your b-day, but somehow, I suspect you'll have an awesome day anyway. Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a fun card Sparkle and a Happy Birthday To You!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy Birthday to YOU!

    Such a darling card!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great colors, lovely card.

    ReplyDelete
  15. HAPPY, HAPPY birthday and HOORAY for Chicago! LOVE this card, toO! those dark flowers are an awesome contrast to the greys/blacks. beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Happy Birthday, Sparks! I hope you have a great day (sorry are working, tho)..

    Your card is gorgeous.. love the colors and those flowers are fab!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Happy Birthday Sparks! I hope you have a wonderful day!
    Oliver is just so adorable, love the colors and the big flowers too!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Absolutely ADORABLE card!! Everthing about it is adorable and I LOVE that stamp!! HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a gorgeous card. I absolutely love those flowers. Yummy.

    I hope you have a terrific birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  20. sweet flowers and cute card! happy Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  21. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Very nice Sparkle! A happy birthday to you again!

    ReplyDelete
  23. oooooh, I forgot to wish you a VERY HAPPY BIRTHDAY, Sparkle! doh :)
    Hope it's the start of a very wonderful "29th" year of memories! HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  24. Happy Happy Birthday Sparkle! I hope you have a great one.

    ReplyDelete
  25. wow! this is gorgeous, Sparkle! love the elegant color combo and love that you used it on a Oliver image. fabulous! Have a Happy Happy Birthday!!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  26. So adorable Sparkle! My sweet friend Stephanie shared that it is your special day! Happy Birthday! Hope you had a great day :)

    ReplyDelete
  27. Happy Birthday Sparkle! Hope the day is a great one filed with all kinds of wonderful surprises.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Happy Belated Birthday!!! I love the colors on this card
    mandy

    ReplyDelete
  29. fabulous stamp, Sparkle! And, great card! love the lay-out!

    ReplyDelete
  30. OMG this is gorgeous, love the colours and layout. Those flowers are gorgeous
    love tasha xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog! I truly appreciate you taking the time to read and comment! Love, Sparks