Friday, April 1, 2011

Farm Fresh Friday - New to You, Goal Updates, and Japan Relief Fund Update

Today's challenge is to use a TGF stamp that is new to you! Don't forget to check out the Farm Fresh Challenge Blog to see the rest of the DT's darling creations!

Well, since you all know I love Anya, I chose to use Surfer Anya (which just released today) for this challenge.  I am just loving her hot pink bathing suit!  It makes me wish I was on a nice tropical vacation, lol!  I also used Mojo Monday #184 for this.

Paper: Basic Grey Hello Luscious
Stamps: TGF Surfer Anya, sentiment is A Muse
Prima Flowers, Felt, Pearls, Copics, and Crystal Stickles

The FFF challenge runs until next Thursday, and all entries are due by 12 PM CST.  Rachel or Jess will pick the winner for the challenge and the winner will receive a free single TGF stamp of their choice.  Good luck and I can't wait to see what you all make! 

___________________________________________________________________________

It's the first of the month, so it's time to check in with my goals.  Can you believe that the first quarter of 2011 has already come and gone?!?

Work Goals
  • Learn Flash
  • Complete Illustrator and Photoshop Tutorials
  • Technical Writing Class
I've been coloring more images in Photoshop.  You all have probably noticed the colored character images on the SCRS site!

SCRS Goals
  • Sell enough stamps to pay for each release - January, February, March, April, May, June, July, August, September, October, November, December
  • Attend CHA
  • Copic Intermediate Certification Class
  • Post 3 Sparkle Creations cards each week - January, February, March, April, May, June, July, August, September, October, November, December
Even with donating all the proceeds from the Rins to the Japan Relief Fund, I was still able to exceed my sales goal for the month of March.  I really appreciate all of you helping and supporting me!

Personal Goals
  • DSLR Photo Class
  • Visit Catherine (my bff)
  • Re-dedicating myself to making my Christmas cards and tags
  • Surprise trip for Brent's 30th birthday
It's my goal this month to finalize the details on Brent's trip and request vacation time off for both of us.  I'm so looking forward to going to Chicago and I know once we closer to going, Catherine will have a full agenda for us.  I think we're gonna try to see Beauty and the Beast while we're there too.  Gotta love best friend time! 
___________________________________________________________________________

Most of you may know that I work for a financial company for my day job.  Moneytree has been so generous to match each donation that their employees have given, so I've actually been able to double our amount of money donated.

Through the last couple of weeks, I've sold 65 Rins and that's $325 to be donated from Sparkle Creations.  With Moneytree matching that, we'll actually be able to donate a total of $650.  With Aki (our illustrator) losing family in Japan, the help and support means even that much more to me.  Though it's not a ton, I'm so thrilled that we've all been able to help at least a little bit!  I really appreciate the help and support. 

If you made it this far, I appreciate you taking the time to read about my life!  I hope you all have a lovely Friday!  It's almost the weekend! 

54 comments:

  1. hi sparkly sparkle!!! welcome to the TGF blog world!!! i'm so glad you're a member of the team!!! I cant wait to see your creations!!
    your card is super cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sparkle

    this is gorgeous loving that paper matches the theme so perfectly.

    Well done you on raising those funds for Japan

    Joey x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card!! the papers are full of fun colors and Anya looks like she's having a blast!

    Good luck with your goals!!! and congrats on making the team!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cool card Sparkle. Love the fun DP you use and great take on the sketch. Good luck on your goals.

    ReplyDelete
  5. so very pretty...LOVE your coloring!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love today's fun card...congrats on the generous donation!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super cute! Love the warm, beachy feel, so need that lately.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous card, Sparkle. The image and colors work together beautifully.

    Congrats on reaching so many of your goals. It's very inspiring! Keep up the awesome work.

    ReplyDelete
  9. OOOOO I love her!!! Congrats on the new team, Sparks! I can't wait to see what you guys have in store for us :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful card! Love the colors!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love those fab papers that you picked, what beautiful colors! Sufer Anya looks wonderful :0)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Cute card and congrats to you on all of your goal success!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is jsut as sweet as can be! Wonderful card, Sparkle!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I just love how you colored Surfer Anya! The card is just beautiful.

    Glad you were able th raise some money for japan too. Sending prayers to Aki's family.

    kate

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great card, love the way Anya looks. Congrats on meeting your sales goals and how wonderful that MoneyTree will match the donation for the Japan relief efforts.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Super cute card! Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Congrats on returning to the DT. Love your creation.

    ReplyDelete
  18. beautiful card and well done on raising so much with your Rin stamps, she is adorable, mine is almost ready for a card!
    Happy Crafting, Debxx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great card! Perfect papers to go with your colored Surfer Anya!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Super cute! I love the bright colors :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. I am OVER the moon for you that you were able to donate so much-whata wonderful accomplishment! and I am SO SO glad you're back on a TGF team-to quote another stamp, heehee YOU ARE RIGHT WHERE YOU SHOULD BE! WELCOME BACK!!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. She is so CUTE! Awesome coloring and layout, girl! You will love the Oh Shoot class. I can't believe how much I've learned about my camera!!! I'm starting to feel pretty comfortable on manual mode but I still have a lot to learn:)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Fabulous card Sparkle!! Good luck on your goals for the year!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Love the DP , your colouring and the details,so beautiful!she looks so cute in red.

    ReplyDelete
  25. She's adorable and sweet!! Love your layout, and that sentiment is perfect!!
    Hugs
    Jodi =)

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hi Sparkle! Congrats on the DT! How fun and exciting! I love your Surfer Anya! Her black hair is gorgeous! Super job :)
    hugs, margie

    ReplyDelete
  27. congratulations! this is such a cute card! and it is so wonderful of you to make such a generous donation for japan.

    ReplyDelete
  28. She's adorable! She definitely has a good life!

    Congrats on reaching so many goals and for the donations for the Japan Relief Fund.. that's great that Moneytree matched your sales!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Awesome card Sparkle and big Congrats on the new TGF team!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Beautiful card! Surfer Anya makes me wanna go on vacay too!! Thanks for what you've done to help Japan. And Congrats on your goals!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Your card is totally adorable!! I wish I was on vaction now! Have a great weekend!!!
    ~heidi brawley

    ReplyDelete
  32. Great job with the surfer anya!!!

    ReplyDelete
  33. beautiful card Sparkle. And how nice of you to help Japan. Hope you get to go to Chicago soon!
    xOxO

    ReplyDelete
  34. Adorable card Sparkle! Love the way you colored her hair! and the colors are so cool! Glad to see you back on the Farm again! Congrats!! Have a great weekend! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  35. Great card Sparkle! I can totally see Surfer Anya as you with black hair! Awesome job~

    ReplyDelete
  36. Congrats on being part of the DT, you're going to shine...I just know it! Your card is amazing and I can't wait to see what else you come up with over the next couple of months!

    :D

    ReplyDelete
  37. This is so cute and summery I LOVE it :D
    And well done on your goals it sounds like you are well on your way with them.

    Hugs

    Amy xx

    ReplyDelete
  38. Congrats on the DT spot, you cards are beautiful. I love your paper mixes and bright colours. Take care and best wishes for your fund raising.

    -HeidiD

    ReplyDelete
  39. WOOHOO!! Love your card (this image is sooo cute) and that's awesome about your donations AND still meeting your sales goals! :)

    ReplyDelete
  40. Congrats and welcome to the new tgf team! You have such a super cute card here. Also, congrats on being able to donate to the relief fund. That is a big accomplishment.
    Thanks
    Jess M :)

    ReplyDelete
  41. love the sweet and delightful card, SParkle! so cute! so sad to hear that Aki loss family members in Japan. big hugs to her and yay for the donation! thanks for doing this!!

    ReplyDelete
  42. Hi Sparkle. It is so fun to see your Anya. She is just so happy to be going to the beach. I really love how you have colored her and the papers are just fabulous. Hugs, Lisa G

    ReplyDelete
  43. I took the time to read it all Sparks! Of course i would. Those are all great accomplishments!

    Love, love your first FFC card! Anya reminds me of Kono on Hawaii 5-0! Just picked up the Hello Luscious too; it's so fun and bright.

    <3 Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  44. Fabulous debut card Sparkle! I love your bright a fun papers and how you colored Surfer Anya. I'm so happy to be on the challenge team with you and wished I could have met you at CHA. I bet we passed each other in the halls.. :) Wonderful news about the relief donations. Really awesome! Hugs,

    ReplyDelete
  45. Congrats on raising funds for Japan and I'm sorry for the family losses for your friend. Such sadness for so many.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog! I truly appreciate you taking the time to read and comment! Love, Sparks