Monday, March 7, 2011

Tiny Yawns and Sleepy Sighs with Babycarriageabella and Book Review: The Search

Our co-workers, Chris and Mindy, are having their first baby later this month, and they're naming her Bella.  Mindy is a total Twihard and is naming her daughter Bella after Twilight.  Well, obviously it made sense to use a Bella image then, lol!  They painted the baby's room purple, so I made this to match.

Paper: Basic Grey Eva
Stamps: Stamping Bella, sentiment is A Muse
Pearls, Copics, Prima Flowers, Pearls, Felt, Crystal Stickles, and Nestabiltites

This book takes place on Orcas Island, which is part of the San Juan Islands.  I love how the book takes place in a local area to me and that I can relate to the places and things she talks about on the island.  Brent and I actually spent our first wedding anniversary up there.

There is a serial killer who killed young college girls, who would go jogging by themselves.  He used a stun gun on them and then would drug them.  He would suffocate them and then bury them naked, but with a big red bow tied around them.  Well, on what would of been the 13th girl, Fiona was able to get away and survived. 


It's 8 years later and now this guy is in prison.  He needs someone to kill the girl that got away.  He teaches someone from the outside how to plot, kill, and get Fiona.  This book kept me on the edge for most of it and is very suspenseful.  If you like the typical murder mystery book, you will really enjoy this one.

I hope you all have a lovely Monday!  It's back to work for me.  Bachelor and Hawaii Five-O are on tonight.  Do you think Michelle will be there for the Women Tell All?

21 comments:

  1. Such a pretty card! I'm loving all the purple :). Thanks for the book review!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a darling card. I love the purple color and of course the image. Very pretty !!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE all the purple in your card and I'm really not a purple kind of girl...happy monday!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. They are going to love this card. It is so cool that you made it purple to match their color scheme. I love the polka dot dress. Great job!

    The books sounds good!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun card and I love that sentiment. Too cute.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card, love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I wonder how many Bellas will be named after that series? Guess in about 5-6 years, we'll see how many start showing up in classrooms. LOL It's sure a pretty name, though. And so is your card. Love the shades of purple you used and that sentiment is so very sweet!

    Thanks for the book review. Sounds intriguing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. what a pretty image, love your card!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous card!! Love the sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just gorgeous! Love the colors, and the image. Nicely done!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a sweet new baby card! Love her purple polka dotted dress!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love this card!! That sentiment is so cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. super sweet card! love what you did and the colors are fab! hope you had a good weekend! have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the card and that book seems like a nail biting page turner!

    ReplyDelete
  15. what a pretty card! love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I LOVE this! Such pretty color!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great card, Sparkle. I'm looking forward to hear what Michelle has to say....she was quite a piece of work during the show! Seems H5-0 is a repeat for us!

    ReplyDelete
  18. So cute and fun colors! Hmmm, I love the name Bella, but don't think I'd ever admit to using it for a child because of Twilight, lol. :) Hope you are having a great week!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog! I truly appreciate you taking the time to read and comment! Love, Sparks