Monday, March 7, 2011

SCRS Challenge #33 - Sketch Challenge and Sweet Treats Emily Card

This week's challenge is a sketch challenge, made by Kim! Don't forget to check out the SCRS blog to see the actual sketch and the rest of the DT's lovely creations.


Our challenge is open to all players. Each week a random winner will be chosen, and this week's winner will receive the adorable Valentine Oliver rubber stamp. In order to qualify for a prize, you must use a Sparkle Creations image on your creation. Most importantly, have fun! We can't wait to see your creations!

I hardly color any blondes, lol...but I loved the way Emily turned out.  I paper pieced most of her outfit and then I made some fun paper roses to accent this card.  Since this paper pad is double sided, it was nice to not have a white side on the flowers. 

Paper: MME Stella and Rose Hattie
Stamps: Sparkle Creations Sweet Treats Emily
Nestabilities, Copics, Pearls, and Crystal Stickles


To play along in our challenge, upload a photo of your project and provide a direct link in the linky widget at the bottom of the SCRS post. If you use an online gallery (e.g. Splitcoast), please also use the Keyword SCRSC33. If you have a Facebook account and are a fan of Sparkle Creations Rubber Stamps, you can also upload there. Deadline for this week's challenge is Sunday, March 13 @ 9 PM PST.

I hope you all have a great Tuesday!  Biggest Loser is on tonight and here's hoping the black team can hold on another week! 

21 comments:

  1. Really pretty!! Great piercing..especially her head piece!! I love the papers you used and those flowers are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a gorgeous card! Love the papers, so pretty! Lvoe those flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! This card is so gorgeous! I really like your coloring here too! And what a beautiful DP you chose! Very nice touch with the rolled flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pure loveliness is what this card is. The blond hair looks great and the paper piecing is fabulous. Those roses sure are pretty, too. I really need to try my hand at those.

    Looking forward to BL tonight and I do believe I will be able to watch it from beginning to end. whooo hoooo! Go Black! They are doing so well for being the "smaller" group! Don't you just love Courtney and her always positive attitude? She's cute as a button!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is sooo pretty! You are awesome at paper piercing. Love how your flowers match the pattern paper design.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card! Love the wonderful mix of patterns on the background, on her outfit and the lovely rolled flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the sketch and your card. The colors are great and cute image too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. this is so pretty! i still gotta figure out those lovely flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so pretty, I just love all the new MME paper!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love each and every one of your cards, Sparkle! And when I grow up (and have more Copics - LOL,) I want to color just like you!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. oh, I love this image. and your paper piecing and flower
    ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh luv your pretty papers Sparkle! :) I'm gonna have to try this challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  13. OMG this card is AMAZING! GORGEOUS papers, the rolled flowers are TDF and I LOVE the piercing! beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  14. what a beauty, Sparkle!! love her pieced outfit. beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous card! I love those fun rosettes! Where did you learn how to make those?

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a gorgeous card!! I love the colours (those MME papers are my all-time, hands-down favourites) and those paper flowers are perfect!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Fabulous!!! I love all the colors, paper piecing, rolled flowers and all of the fabulous details. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog! I truly appreciate you taking the time to read and comment! Love, Sparks