Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Noelle with Frosty Greetings and Book Review: Last Night At Chateau Marmont

My friend Alanna sent me this image and I'm so excited to finally use her.  I didn't really mean for this card to turn out monochromatic, but I like it.  I went through my felt bin and found some red scraps.  I figured I'd make a cute flower for this.  I'm still trying to catch up with my Christmas cards, so I'm happy to be adding to the pile.

Paper: Basic Grey Jovial
Stamps: Kraftin' Kimmie, sentiment is A Muse
Felt, PTI Flower Dies, Pearls, Copics, Twine, Nestabilities, Rhinestones, Floss, and Crystal Stickles

This book is about an ordinary girl, who marries a guy who is trying to become a rock star.  They've been married for 5 years and after working 2 jobs to support them, the husband performs on The Tonight Show and becomes famous over night.  This book is about their tribulations with the media and how they struggle to stay together.

Overall, I thought the book was annoying.  The wife gets mad that he's never home.  Always in the studio, on tour, doing shows, going to parties.  Though they could afford it, she was unwilling to give up either of her jobs, so she wasn't able to be on the road with him all the time.  Sorry, but that's the choice you made.  I don't pitty people like that. 

And while I know you never really know until you experience it yourself, I still think you make the choice.  If there's the potential that your partner could be a famous singer, you have to know that they'll always be performing, recording, doing interviews, going to the Grammy's, media all over, etc.  But it's an easy read, so if you like chic lit books, you might fair better with it. :) 

I hope you all have a lovely hump day!  And don't forget to wear green tomorrow!

26 comments:

  1. So pretty! Love the felt flowers and all the red! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the wide-eyed girl and all the sparkles! Great monochromatic look, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brilliant take with this little lady Sparkle!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the card! The felt flower is fabulous! Is that a sizzix die?

    ReplyDelete
  5. those kimmie images always make me smile...fab card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a fun card. I like it monochromatic, too.

    I think I'd be annoyed with the gal as you've described, too. Thanks for the review!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fun christmas card ! I like the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  8. very pretty, love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so bright and wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Darling Xmas card! I looooove the flower you made! Tutorial please! And thanks for the review -- that does sound annoying to me too!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Super cute card. She looks great, glad you could use the image. And I absolutely love the felt flower.

    ReplyDelete
  12. super cute card!!! I love all the red.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the colors and the stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  14. cute card! love the colors too! have a sweet day!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such a sweet card! Love all the red!

    ReplyDelete
  16. very pretty card! love the felt flower!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Sparkle, your card is so pretty! I love that i'ts a monochromatic card even if you never planned for it. Sweet!!
    Hugs
    Jodi =)

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love that image!!! So cute, and you are really making me want that PTI flower die!

    ReplyDelete
  19. beautiful lush colors. very pretty card, Sparkle!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Ain't it funny how sometimes we invision something one way and it turns out completely different? Luv how you didn't anticipate this card to be monochromatic . . . I likey too!

    ReplyDelete
  21. What an adorable card to add to your Christmas card stash.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Adorable! Love the pretty flower you made!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Such a cute image! Love the card!

    ReplyDelete
  24. This is wonderful, i love the gorgeous colours and the super cute flower
    love tasha xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog! I truly appreciate you taking the time to read and comment! Love, Sparks