Monday, March 28, 2011

My Project 29

With my 29th birthday coming up, I decided to do a non-traditional Project Life.  First off, I want to say genuinely, that I am not afraid or sad to turn 30.  I just think that documenting my last year in my 20's will be fun and will hopefully get me back into scrapbooking semi-regularly again.

{What will Project 29 actually be?}   I will be taking at least 1 photo each week and I will also be adding extra pages and layouts of the major events and holidays that I participate in.  I am using a 12x12 We R Memory Keepers black leather binder and Becky Higgin's Project Life Page Protectors and Journaling Cards.  This will run from my 29th birthday until my 30th birthday.

I will be sharing my photo(s) on Mondays for the week prior.  My regular craft group meets on the 2nd Saturday on each month, so hopefully on the 3rd Monday of each month, I can show you my actual album pages.


My real birthday isn't until April 5th, but I had my first birthday celebration early on Saturday night.  I've always wanted to do a murder mystery dinner and it was a ton of fun!  My friend Tricia did the best at guessing who'd done it, but we had a blast.  There were 8 suspects, and it actually ended up being 3 of the 8 who conspired together.

Here's a picture of me and Yvonne with one of the police officers.  The actors were hilarious and did such a great job with the play on words.  Our dective's name was Justin Case.  Get it?  Just In Case, lol.  I decided to have my name be Sparkle Buffay.  I thought Mrs. Buffay was a good code name. :) 


One of the supects was a twin, so obviously I guessed it was the twin brother, lol!  Being married to an identical twin, I know they can easily play the old switch-a-roo.  I did get one of the guys right though, just not the twins, lol. 


Well, I hope you all have a great Monday!  I will be back tomorrow with my next SCRS challenge card!  Lastly, there's just a couple more days left to help out Japan!  I'm estatic with the amount of Rins I've already sold!  I know all of the support you've given will be greatly appreciated!

8 comments:

  1. What a fun pre-bday thing to do! And what a fun way to treasure your last year in your 20's!

    Also, Bless you for your help to Japan; so generous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sparkle! What a great idea to record your last year as a 20-something ;) The idea crossed my mind too (I turned 30 last October) but in the end I didn't follow through with it. I journal regularly though because I know how many memories are lost because you simply forget about them. Good luck on your project, I'm sure it's something you will treasure forever! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your project 29 sounds like a wonderful idea! I can't wait to see your pictures!
    Glad that you enjoyed your Mystery Birthday Celebration! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun idea! Can't wait to see it as you start it.
    Looks like you had a fun time!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your project sounds like a great idea! Can't wait to see it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are so smart to document this last year in your 20s. Wish it was something I'd thought of and that year is looooong gone. LOL I know you will enjoy the journey and I can't wait to see your pages.

    Your weekend pre-celebration sounds like a fabulous time. I'm glad you got to do it and had a great time.

    ReplyDelete
  7. sounds like a great way to kick off your birthday festivities!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like it was a great night and I love your code name.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog! I truly appreciate you taking the time to read and comment! Love, Sparks